It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Asymmetrical rib cage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2004, 04:29 PM   #1
    Angelina21

Angelina21 HB User
    Question Asymmetrical rib cage

Recently I have been working out to get my body slightly more toned (swimming, running, light weight lifting etc.) and have developed a slight discomfort in my right rib cage. It almost feels like its slightly out of place. If I make a conscious effort to suck my stomach in, the bottom of my ribcage on the right almost seems to stick out slightly more than the left (I can actually move my right rib cage in a bit with my muscle). Everything looks and feels fine when my stomach is relaxed though (I have little fat in that area so the rib cage is vagually visible) Could this possibly be something that I've always had and just haven't noticed before, but because I may have pulled a muscle in that area it has been drawn to my attention? Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?
    Theres not a massive difference, or anything, but it is noticable when I make the effort to look for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Asymmetrical eyes.. What's actually wrong? Felix12 Eye & Vision 4 04-26-2010 09:47 AM
    Do I have asymmetrical eyes? If so what are the causes? vietdavid Eye & Vision 0 04-04-2010 05:43 PM
    asymmetrical abdomen problem sk8erboiME Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 0 11-21-2009 02:04 AM
    what is asymmetrical disc/osteophyte complex mezmerized12534 Spinal Cord Disorders 0 01-15-2008 10:08 AM
    Slightly Sunken Rib Cage - Help? T_T Anti-Nostalgia Bone Disorders 1 06-08-2007 05:06 PM
    Asymmetrical Breasts LeeLee3 Women's Health 6 10-14-2004 11:46 PM
    Swelling on left side of rib cage and stomach area Eeyore83 Open to All Other Health Topics 3 09-16-2004 11:04 PM