It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• burning sensation after lots of walking type activities

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
    mark2k

mark2k HB User
    Question burning sensation after lots of walking type activities

Hello, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this or if it should be posted in the skin type areas. Anyway please read and let me know what you think.

Sometimes when I walk for long periods throughout the day or do other activities that involve the movment of my legs I will get this burining feeling that seems to get worse the more I move my legs (walk). This burning sensation is right at the top inner side of my legs, near where they connect to my hip. Now I noticed that when I walk my legs in that area seem to rub against each other fairly gently. So I am thinking it has something to do with that. This is starting to get really annoying, as it means if I plan on doing any real exercise (walking, running...etc) I can be sure to be sore from the rubbing.
    I have also noticed after this burning sensation has started that the whole area where I feel this buring or where it is rubbing will be all red. Anyway I believe that pretty much sums it all up.

does anyone have any idea on how I can prevent this from happening?

Please let me know,
    Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 06:24 AM   #2
    phillydude

phillydude HB User
    Re: burning sensation after lots of walking type activities

Check your underwear. Seriously. Sounds like chafing to me. Get some new pairs of boxer briefs, wash them before you wear them, and see if that helps. In the mean time, I have used something called "triple cream" antibiotic on the irritated areas in the past (when I was cycling a lot, I had this problem fairly ofted... imagine having one of those tiny little bike seats wedged between your legs for 6-8 hours!) and found it provided some relief. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
    mark2k

mark2k HB User

hmm, I will take that into concideration. Although I dont think it is, as the area in effect does not come in contact with anything other than the other leg.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mark2k
    as the area in effect does not come in contact with anything other than the other leg.

Closed Thread