It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Bought Creatine omg.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #1
    YaDunKnow

YaDunKnow HB User
    Bought Creatine omg.....

I bout Cell-Tech Creatine and I got in the car and read the label and noticed it had 75 grams of sugar per 2 scoops. That is ridiculous. I never consumed that much sugar in one day in like 5 years im 18 btw. Does anyone know if this is bad for you should I have gotten a sugar free one my friend uses cell-tech creatin and he says its pretty good. My diet barely consists of any sugar unless its natural sugars from fruits or from ketchup things of that nature.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
    johnd

johnd HB User
    Re: Bought Creatine omg.....

youll be fine. First, you aught to be taking in about that many carbs post workout anyways (+ or- depending on weight). And secondly, simple carbs are key to facilitate absorbtion of the creatine.

johnd

Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #3
    des1017

des1017 HB User

i havent heard very good things about creatine, if I were you I might do protein shakes instead.

Old 10-24-2004, 03:57 AM   #4
    Just-A-Boy
    Veteran
    (male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
    Exclamation Re: Bought Creatine omg.....

umm... there is actually Cell-Tech CARB CONTROL... Next time when you guy buy Cell Tech... look for the CARB CONTROL version.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #5
    zigger282

zigger282 HB User

Creatine isn't worth it IMO. You definately can lift more and don't get as tired during workouts, but after you are off it you get more tired and can't lift as much. I was very lazy after going off creatine and i went to the gym half as much. Its good to get off the ground to create a base, but I definately wouldn't depend on it. Plus all the muscle you get is just water.

Old 11-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
    johnd

johnd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zigger282
    Creatine isn't worth it IMO. You definately can lift more and don't get as tired during workouts, but after you are off it you get more tired and can't lift as much. I was very lazy after going off creatine and i went to the gym half as much. Its good to get off the ground to create a base, but I definately wouldn't depend on it. Plus all the muscle you get is just water.
    now seriously folks....
    i dont mean to pick on you, but you really aught to do some research on the supplements you use. All the muscle you get is not water. Yes, your muslces will swell up with water while on creatine, and this will go away once you stop. However, all that extra energy you had in the gym helped you to lift bigger weight. If you lifted heavier weight, your muscles will grow to adjust to that. Not to mention the benefit to recovery times that creatine has.
    So once again, the benefits of creatine are NOT erased once you stop using it. You WILL keep the muscle you gained.
    Its just something i read in alot of posts that drives me crazy

johnd

Old 11-16-2004, 08:40 AM   #7
    Kastro2
    Inactive

Kastro2 HB User

Actually John D you DO lose your gains once you stop taking Creatine.

I was on Creatine for 3 months, got my arms from 13 inches up to 16 inches, my doctor told me its not healthy to be taking so much Creatine so I stopped cold turkey, its been 1 month now and my arms have gone back down to 13 and a half inches..

So how can you sit there and say you wont lose any gains you have gotten with Creatine? Everyones body is different, but everyone I know who has taken it has had the same thing happen when they stopped, they lost their gains.

I'd rather have natural muscle that will stay, instead of the same amount of muscle that just looks better because they have water pumped into them.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #8
    ChappyBoy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChappyBoy HB User

I have to concur with JohnD but the last post is tru - Creatine is a volumizer and will have you hold fluids - this goes away when you stop but you do have the benefits that John D mention. I guess the real question is are the benefits worth the costs - IMO no they are not. I find creatine has a niche market - Explosive strength athletes, SPECIFIC pre contest use in some bodybuilders, sprinters - beyond that I do not use it with those I train

Old 11-17-2004, 08:14 AM   #9
    Tank53

Tank53 HB User

Ummm well I won't jump on sides. I'll just state my own story. I just know that when I took Creatine, there were never any nasty side effects. I know someone mentioned hearing bad things about it. Really the only bad thing I got from it was stretch marks from gaining size too fast. I was a haus when I was using that stuff. Like 50" chest and 19" arms. Now I'm back up to where I can curl and bench more weight but the size is never the same.

I think it is helpful to get people off the ground. My bench was utterly terrible when I started at the gym. I really couldn't do more than 130 lbs. Personally, and this is my thought, I'd just stay away from it. Its rather addicting to be a muscle machine and do superset after superset with little tire and to be huge. Plus I got these nasty stretch marks that I doubt will ever go away. And yeah, once you get off of it you lose all the water in about a month.

I tell you what though, I think its ok to use in sports, if I was a lineman or something, I'd be chowing this stuff down everyday during season. It would be like an unfair advantage.

Old 11-21-2004, 07:39 PM   #10
    jvossrn

jvossrn HB User

you will hear opinions for and against creatine... so for some anecdotal evidence... my husband is an infantry officer in the US Army. On a recent deployment where he and his soldiers were able to really workout consistently, the soldiers (including my husband) who used creatine had more lean muscle gain and more fat loss. Too many people seem to buy the cheap (and sugar filled) creatine and/or expect that creatine alone will build muscle.

the soldiers also found that people who worked out hard- but only 1 body part per workout- with low reps and heavy weight lost the most fat and gained the most muscle. Too many people think that they should be working out say the chest nearly everyday and then wonder why they never gain strength or muscle size. No recovery is ever possible.

And dont believe that because you supplement with creatine that you are only gaining "water" weight. Ask yourself what the muscle is primarily made of... hint: water. Creatine helps fill the inner muscle with the necessary water NOT flooding water under the skin.

Try ast-ss.com for a economical and great quality creatine.

Closed Thread