It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• exercising in the morning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
    susanna_29
    (female)

susanna_29 HB User
    exercising in the morning

I find it impossible to get up an hour earlier to work out, and that is really the only time I can work out. Any of you out there have any tips to make it easier to get up? I'm just starting this, I need to lose like 35-40 lbs. I have a bose radio and I put in a cd to wake me up(for motivation). Hasn't worked! I'm determined to do it tomorrow! We'll see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
    Scoop2117
    (male)

Scoop2117 HB User
    Re: exercising in the morning

Suzanna,

Your first mistake is trying to use music to get you up. That will just keep you in bed. First, use the buzzer on your alarm clock. Second make sure the alarm clock is somewhere in the room that would make you get out of bed to turn it off. Now, those are a couple steps in waking up in the morning. Here are some steps in getting that workout in-- 1st. Make sure you arent eating too late at night, that will keep you restless during your sleep, and you wont feel fully rested in the morning. 2nd. Make sure you are getting the right amount of sleep. Remember, too much sleep is just as bad as too little sleep. Try to get between 7 and 8 hours a night, and no more. Getting to bed early will become much easier for you once you are on a regular workout program. You will find yourself getting through your day easier, and ready for bed much sooner than if you worked out in the evening, or didnt even work out at all. 3rd. Only you can make this happen. Losing 30-40lbs isnt easy, but you have two things working in your favor. 1) you posted on this website which means you are ready to change your life. 2) working out in the morning well help you burn more calories than if you worked out in the evening. Try not to eat too much before the workout. Maybe a piece of fruit or something small. If you eat too much before a morning workout, you'll feel fatigued quickly, and if you dont eat anything at all, you wont have the energy to get through your entire routine. Good luck with your workouts...and keep us posted

Old 01-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Susanna, I know exactly how you feel. I'm not a morning person at all and the only time I have to exercise is first thing in the morning. I used to wake up at 7:45 and have been forcing myself to get up at 6:30 now so I can get to the gym. I set my clock radio and have never had a problem getting up to it (I do keep it on the other side of my bedroom to force myself up). I immediately get out of bed so I don't have time to lie there and think about how I'd rather be sleeping. A few things motivate me, especially knowing that I can get my exercise over with in the morning. Another good thing is a personal trainer. I see mine 2 times a week and having someone there pushing me to work harder really does help.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
    ChappyBoy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChappyBoy HB User

I like Boston Girls idea of a personal trainer (but then again, I am a trainer) Another idea is a workout partner - if you know your partner is going to be sitting there waiting for you that may help motivate you, if it doesn't get a really big, angry workout partner and then you may be afraid that if you don't show they will pound the stuffing out of you.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
    susanna_29
    (female)

susanna_29 HB User

Thanks for your responses everyone. I am going to bed right now. It's ten pm. I had a long day! I work part time but I'm taking night classes! Just got home....going to go to bed!!! I'm exhausted! I really have to get up at 6a.m.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #6
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by susanna_29
    Thanks for your responses everyone. I am going to bed right now. It's ten pm. I had a long day! I work part time but I'm taking night classes! Just got home....going to go to bed!!! I'm exhausted! I really have to get up at 6a.m.
    Keep us updated on how you do!

Closed Thread