It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Any success using the Gazelle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
    LadyoftheLake
    (female)

LadyoftheLake HB User
    Any success using the Gazelle

Today I bought my first piece of workout equipment ever The Gazelle, it was only 94.00 dollars at Wal-mart so I figured that I'd give it a try. I'm not too fond of treadmills and everything else was pretty expensive. I saw the display and it seemed rather small and compacted, just what I wanted. Anyway has anyone tried this or had any success with it? I was just wondering since if it isn't worth it then I'm just going to take it back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
    Munozchick
    (female)

Munozchick HB User
    Re: Any success using the Gazelle

FINALLY someone asked about the Gazelle. I have been thinking about getting one. I have heard from several people that its awesome. I'd like to hear everyones comments on it too.

Love,
    Deanne

Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 AM   #3
    sara_8604
    (female)

sara_8604 HB User

I got a gazelle about two years ago and I think it's a really fun piece of workout equipment. It's very easy to use and also very lightweight so if you want to move it from room to room in your house it's very easy to. I really like it, it's a great thing to work out on!

Old 03-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
    LadyoftheLake
    (female)

LadyoftheLake HB User

Well thanks for the replies, I was really feeling like I made an impulse buy yesterday since my husband was telling me that it was a piece of junk. I didn't get it set up yet, but like I said in my other post it really looks small and light, thanks for comfirming that for me. Well I'll get to work on putting it together and I'll keep you posted on the results.! Thanks

Old 03-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
    Wolfman

Wolfman HB User

I've also been thinking of buying a gazelle as I desperately need some kind of cardio workout.

I used to use a recumbant excercise bicycle religiously but due to a groin/hip injury I'm now unable to use it without pain. The only cardio I've been able to do is swimming which i hate so much I can't stay with it. (I need something I can do at home whenever I want)

Essentially I have all the symptoms of osteo-arthritis of my left hip (I'm 25 years old) but nobody has ever been able to confirm that via x-rays or MRIs. (Plus it stays about constant - rarely gets better and never gets worse). Doctor thinks it's really just a soft tissue injury that has maybe left scaring and that I should just deal with it via OTC pain killers.

Does anybody know if the gazelle would be appropriate? Am I putting too much long term stress on that area of the body with this machine?

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-06-2005 at 10:36 AM.

Closed Thread