It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Getting Cut in Summer

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
sdogg203

sdogg203 HB User
Getting Cut in Summer

Well my lacrosse season is over, i really want to get cut. I see more definition on my stomach, and lost some fat on my chest. I guess i need a training program for the summer. I am looking for strength and tone. I am not lookin for gaining muscle as in weight cause i know its really hard with running i am lookin to gain strength and get toned.

Some questions: How long and how many times a week should i run?
Should i buy whey protein?
Any other supplements?
What types of food should i be aiming to eat?
Less carbs, etc?

btw...i started eating more like snacks but like healthy snacks with protein, possibly some fat, and have lost 5 lbs? is that suppose to happen? Cause alot of u guys told me to eat more so i did, idk if i lost muscle or fat?

Last edited by sdogg203; 05-18-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Gutter9
(male)

Gutter9 HB User
Re: Getting Cut in Summer

you can take that stuff called hydroxicut or ripped fuel its supose to help you get cut

Old 05-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
FitChic
(female)

FitChic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter9
you can take that stuff called hydroxicut or ripped fuel its supose to help you get cut

blah.....dont listen to this........you dont need a rip-off, so called "supplement" to get "cut" or lean out...........i actually feel bad for the people that truly believe that stuff works..................

less carbs....well not exactly..........replace processed carbs, such as breads, pastas, cookies, cakes with healthiers ones such as oatmeal, yams, whole grain rice and wraps

keep well hydrated by drinking lots of water thoughout the day

eat every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism...most meals should contain a lean meat, complex carb and/or veggies

running will most likely be best first thing in the morning.........i would say 3-4 times a week, but also include a weight training routine........i promise you lifting weights burns more fat then cardio

whey protein.........not a nessary, IMO but a glass after your workout is always good

Old 05-19-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
Gutter9
(male)

Gutter9 HB User

ive never taken those supplements i just know people that have and have seen results

The diet i follow isnt very strict and i have good results
1. no junk food or sodas
2. sugar free drinks
3. wheat bread instead of white
4. i eat alot of sandwhichs mostly with turkey lettuce and mustard
5. i eat alot of bannanas and oatmeal bars
6. i eat about 3 times a day
7. drink a protein shake in the morning and after i workout

I work out 5 days a week with mostly heavy weight for my chest and lighter weight for my back biceps triceps.
Unlike archville suggests i have a workout routine
and my results
my weight 150lbs bench 260lbs and squat 360lbs, i dont ever workout my legs i get my leg strength from playin sports.

Last edited by Gutter9; 05-19-2005 at 09:26 AM.

Closed Thread