It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Flippin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
princess72
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User
Flippin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had surgery a week ago! I cant exersise for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also quit smoking 3 months ago, and i know i have gained some weight. First of all i have a very small appetite since the surgery......im trying to eat right though. The exersise thing is killing me! I go to the gym 6-7 days a week. Im in school to teach pilates! What can i do? I know no one can probably answer this, since my doc said no exersise for a month! But, i am feeling like a fat slob! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
Jess75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Flippin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess72
I had surgery a week ago! I cant exersise for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also quit smoking 3 months ago, and i know i have gained some weight. First of all i have a very small appetite since the surgery......im trying to eat right though. The exersise thing is killing me! I go to the gym 6-7 days a week. Im in school to teach pilates! What can i do? I know no one can probably answer this, since my doc said no exersise for a month! But, i am feeling like a fat slob! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
I know this may sound stupid but maybe you could try meditation(even if you are COMPLETELY bed ritten, you could even do it while your laying down in supine postition). It's awesome for stress relief and pain etc. What kind of surgery did you have if you don't mind me asking?

BTW, good job quitting smoking, I know how hard that could be. But a month is nothing, and your body needs a break here and there anyways.

Last edited by Jess75; 05-20-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:30 AM   #3
princess72
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

Thanxs Jessica. It's been 8 days! I go back to doc on Tuesday. Finished my pain meds. Cant take multi vitamin or herbs (including diet pills) for a month either! I had corrected plastic surgery on my breast implants and lift i had done 3 years ago! My doc was awful!!!!! Didnt do enough research on him. Learned from that mistake though!!!!! I realize im not gonna gain 50lbs, being laid up like this, but, i am soooo active that this is just so hard! K, i dont wanna whine anymore.............im sure people can relate to me, that exersise like absolute fiends like myself.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
Jess75
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess72
Thanxs Jessica. It's been 8 days! I go back to doc on Tuesday. Finished my pain meds. Cant take multi vitamin or herbs (including diet pills) for a month either! I had corrected plastic surgery on my breast implants and lift i had done 3 years ago! My doc was awful!!!!! Didnt do enough research on him. Learned from that mistake though!!!!! I realize im not gonna gain 50lbs, being laid up like this, but, i am soooo active that this is just so hard! K, i dont wanna whine anymore.............im sure people can relate to me, that exersise like absolute fiends like myself.
Yah, I guess I would feel the same way.

Old 05-21-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
3and1
(female)

3and1 HB User

Hi-I know just how you feel since I had implants too when I was at my peak shape and I remember feeling the same way like I would lose it all.You don't though---your body has memory--you may get more sore for first few weeks but unless you go crazy with eating you will do fine and your body may need a little break!It's more of a mental thing to not be able to do what you are used to.I can definitely relate though!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 AM   #6
snuggle377
(female)

snuggle377 HB User

I can relate also! Don't worry though, like 3and1 said, your body has memory. I actually lost weight after my augmentation, but I think it was muscle. As soon as I got back to the gym, I was sore for a few days, but quickly got my body back to where it was before the surgery. Just take it easy...you don't want to deal with an injury because you started working out too soon after surgery!

Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 AM   #7
princess72
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

Yes i have a ? and i've had 3 sets of implants!!!! About the weight loss. I asked my doc, but they say to have your weight where you want it, before surgery!!! Well i quit smoking......it isnt where i want it, but, i know i didnt gain "that much" weight.....im just obsessive, and sick in that department. Anywayz, do you think my breasts will change that much, if i lose 10-20lbs? Im so scared about that, since i've had surgery 3 times on them, and dont want to have another!!!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #8
zeez
(female)

zeez HB User

Oh my, I would be flipping out too! I'm at the gym 6-7 days a week myself and it would be a big deal for me to have to quit. But recovery from surgery is of utmost importance, especially considering what you've been through.

Has your doc even nixed walking? I can see not doing speed walking with heavy arm action, but regular walking would seem okay. Or even recumbent bicycle with no upper body movement. It wouldn't hurt to ask. I don't want to give you any ideas of things to try on your own!

Congratulations on quitting smoking!!! I'm happy for you (this is coming from a smoker)! You can be assured that you'll heal up much nicer from your surgery and have far fewer complications now that you aren't smoking. When you get back in the gym, your performance will be greatly increased as well.

A month will be up before you know it. Seems like I blink an eye and a week is gone....

I wish you and "the girls" the best!

~zeez

Closed Thread