It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Starting From Scratch

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2005, 01:08 PM   #1
ashy_bashy
(female)

ashy_bashy HB User
Starting From Scratch

Hi,

I'm 18 i have a job currently in a supermarket while im applying for university and i want to start an exercise plan. im 5'1 but im just under 10 stone which is over weight. I dont know where to begin. My diet isnt very good. i have slow metabolism. I dont have money for a gym membership until i come back from australia in july. Does anybody have any advice where i can start?
I dont have the faintest idea what i shud eat. or for example how many carbs or protein i should eat per day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
HobbZ

HobbZ HB User
Re: Starting From Scratch

Maybe if you gave an idea of your eating habits we could help.

The first lesson: to lose weight you need to burn calories.

You want to burn calories but you dont have the means for gym membership. Try the following (or other ideas)

Jogging: its free of charge and its very good for you. Start slow (maybe 5 minutes of jogging) and increase by 30 seconds every second or third day. Choose a time for jogging so you get into a routine. Remember to have eaten about half an hour or an hour before jogging and drink plenty of water when you come back. Dont forget to stretch before you jog.

Swimming: Maybe you have access to a swimming pool? Swimming is one of the best types of exercise.

Do sport: Join sports with friends or if you're still a student then at school.

Jump rope: This is an excellent form of cardio and can be done at home

Aerobics: Can be done at home. ******** a good video from the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you mention eating habits we can discuss that.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
ashy_bashy
(female)

ashy_bashy HB User

depends on my day. if im on a late shift at work i wont have have breakfast and from reading the other threads this is bad i normally have one proper meal a day and have a n apple or banana wheni finish work. i drink about 3 litres of water a day. my shifts vary so its very hard to set a proper time to exercise. i do have a skipping rope and try to do sit ups

Old 05-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Tjay718
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

How long should you jump rope for if you want to use that as one of your forms of cardio workout?

Closed Thread