It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Walking and sit-ups questions

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
lbb87
(male)

lbb87 HB User
Walking and sit-ups questions

Hey all. I have two questions.

The first question: I've decided to get some exercise by going for a brisk walk three to four times a week. I don't know how far I walk each time but I do walk for 30 minutes. When I'm done, my legs feels very twitchy like something inside them is jumping around. I'm told that means I just got a good workout, I hope that's true. Anyway, I'm wondering if it's important for me to eat something within the 12 hours prior to walking. I have a very odd schedule and I only eat one large meal a day plus one or two little snacks within seven hours after the meal which is about three hours before I go to bed. So I don't get anything to eat within the 12 hours prior to my walk. Is this bad?

The second question: I want to lose some weight or slim down my tummy as it's sort of pot-bellied. In addition to the brisk walking, what is an exercise that's good for slimming down the stomach area? I've heard that something as simple as 10-20 sit-ups per day is good. Is there something better? Ideally, since I have jaw problems, I don't want to do any sort of exercise that will put any strain on the jaw or face. Doing sit-ups is probably not a good idea but I don't know of what else I can do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
knee make a noise when sit down and pain a little bit when start walking Hanna30 Open to All Other Health Topics 0 09-14-2009 05:57 AM
How is walking/running now that you are postop? wmkcolors Foot & Ankle Problems 11 05-02-2008 11:53 PM
Walking after a fusion ms_west Back Problems 35 04-06-2007 06:28 AM
12 Days Post S1-L5 Fusion: Is Walking the Correct Path to Rehab? Jack-Chicago-45 Back Problems 16 03-02-2007 06:04 AM
Herniated Disc - problems walking? OnHold Hernia 10 02-19-2007 07:22 AM
14 months and still not Walking!!!! babygirl224 Infant Care (up to 18 months old) 8 01-04-2007 08:07 PM
walking after a meal lazedays Exercise & Fitness 10 03-27-2006 03:23 PM
delayed walking due to gravitational insecurities Willstrideryder Autism Spectrum 8 11-25-2005 07:26 AM
Knots & Stiffness in back, pain from walking. PoseidonH Back Problems 4 11-24-2004 06:21 AM
Walking for the lower back??? golden Back Problems 8 02-11-2004 05:31 PM