It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Can't workout because I'm sick...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
    perkinssl
    (female)

perkinssl HB User
    Can't workout because I'm sick...

I have been on a workout program for about 2 months and I got sick this past weekend (upper respiratory infection) and I am just too tired and sick to workout. If I take a few days off, will I be able to start back up with my regular routine? I had been lifting 3 days a week and doing cardio for 30 mins 2 days a week. The last day I went to the gym was Saturday(cardio). I want to be able to just start up where I left off but I am afraid that I will be too weak. Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
    Naxis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Naxis HB User
    Re: Can't workout because I'm sick...

With respritory issues you'll probably have to ease back into your routine. Don't expect to get back into your usual program 100%, but allow your body to tell you hard you canm push it. If you feel well enough, go for it, but don't over-exert yourself.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
    Perry2
    (male)

Perry2 HB User

What seems to happen is the same resources your body uses to recover from a workout are used to recover from a cold. I would stay away from workouts until your symptoms are mostly gone. Otherwise you end up sick for twice as long and only able to do half assed workouts. I used to run to the gym when I felt illness coming on thinking I would sneak in one more really good workout before the cold or whatever really hit. When I did this I would end up sick as a dog. Now I am more relaxed about postponing things for a couple of days, and then easing slowly back into things.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
    perkinssl
    (female)

perkinssl HB User

Thanks for the replies..I guess I will have to stay away from the gym I was doing well going 5 days a week!

Closed Thread