It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Important Questions about using Creatine when bulking up!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
    frogthedon
    (male)

frogthedon HB User
    Important Questions about using Creatine when bulking up!!!

Okay, I am new to this board, I wanna say hi to everyone first of all. I am an 18 year old male, I have been weightlifting for a good 20-21 weeks now. I recently started using Creatine powder like 6 days ago, it says on the jar, take 1 1/2 teaspoon of creatine 4 times a day for 5 days, then thereafter take 1 1/2 teaspoons of creatine 2 times a day, they called this the "loading dose". I am done with the loading dose and am now on my 6th day of creatine, I usually mix the creatine with my protein shakes. I have seriousl;y actually saw my arms and chest get slightly bigger after these 6 days. But anyways my real questions is since I 've did my research on creatine and I know the known side effects, and since this can cause kidney problems, I'm pretty sure no one uses creatine for more than 1 and a half years. But after I stop using the Creatine powder will I lose my muscle mass that i gained from it? will I lose weight? if so, how much weight and muscle will I lose after stopping my use of creatine? and by the way, is creatine considered a steroid? I appreciate all feedback thank u all!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
    MaxOT26
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MaxOT26 HB User
    Re: Important Questions about using Creatine when bulking up!!!

Ok, let me assure you that any claim you have heard that states creatine causes kidney damage is PURE speculation and completely irresponsible. There has been dozens upon dozens of studies done on creatine. It is the most tested supplement by far, that has ever been on the market. Scientists have disproven every so called side-effect of creatine. Creatine is safe to use in a responsible manner.

The one aspect of creatine that is still not completely concrete is the best way to take it. To maximized creatines effects it is ideal to have your muscles completely loaded(saturated) with creatine at all times; however this is difficult to accomplish. Creatine is not water soluable. Meaning it cannot enter your muscle cells through water osmosis, so this makes getting creatine to your muscles tricky. Two things do this, insulin and little tiny receptors on your cells that pull the creatine in. Recenty it has been determined that the standard method of taking creatine, load for 5 days (15-25g a day) and then a maintaince of phase there after (2-5g a day) actually wears out the receptors on your cells decreasing their number, thus decreasing creatine uptake.

So whats the best way to take creatine? You want to load it for 3 days (15-25g bodyweight pending) and then don't take it at all for 3 or 4 days. Then reload in the same format. Follow this cycle at all times, no matter if your creatine days fall on your days off or not; it is important to stay with the cycle. After about 8 to 10 weeks, take a week off from training and a week off from creatine as well. And begin again.

When to take it: Take 5 grams of creatine with 35-50 grams of glucose and whey protein, immediately before and after training. Follow that up with another serving right before 3 hours has pasted from your workout. Take it with another serving a way and a high GI meal (white potatoe or white rice). Then you can take another serving later on in the evening with a meal replacement or another whey protein shake. Another thing you can do to really optimize creatine upload is take it with 400mg of Alpha Lophic Acid which acts as insulin and really helps drive creatine in the cells.

Last edited by MaxOT26; 04-21-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Closed Thread