It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Treadmills

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
an98f
Inactive

an98f HB User
Question Treadmills

Any advice on buying a good treadmill for home? Willing to spend between $1000 - $3000

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2001, 05:37 AM   #2
gainfreak

gainfreak HB User
Wow $1000 to $3000!!! You can get an amazing treadmill in that pricerange!!! I like the pacemaster pro-plus II It's excellent. If I were you though I would serf the net, There is a ton of information on treadmills. When you find information on one you like, You can look at your local newspaper to find one used!! I find that people are willing to practically give fitness equipment away because they are hanging laundry on it!!! I hope this helps!!

Old 02-06-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
guruware
Inactive

guruware HB User
I bought a Proform 835QT treadmill from Sears about 4 months ago for around $700. I absolutely love it. My wife and I run on it 6 days a week. We put about 7 miles on it a day at relatively high speeds. It has nice cushioning and isn't incredibly noisy, but it does sit on a concrete floor in our basement. It also allows you to hook your treadmill up to iFit.com for interactive workouts. Very cool.

Old 02-14-2001, 05:11 PM   #4
Kevin9870

Kevin9870 HB User
Gosh, u can get the Tredmill Deluxe with that kind of money, lol. Look around in fitness magazines, im sure you'll find one that fits your needs with that kind of money, if i were you, i would invest that money into a gym...but it's your money

Old 02-18-2001, 08:26 AM   #5
Mattsmummum

Mattsmummum HB User
I agree with guru about Sears. I've always had treadmills from there with service contracts. They are wonderful about repairs, in fact this last time they informed me the parts for mine were no longer available....it was 7 years old and they gave me a store credit for $600, I was amazed. I don't like the idea of used equipment, though very valid point about being used for clotheslines. Also, I disagree with spending the money on a gym, unless you've got the time to really spend there and most people don't. Believe me, if you get used to a treadmill in your home and REALLY, REALLY use it, you won't miss a day of it.....it's like habit forming.

Closed Thread