It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Keep These Tips in Mind

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2001, 10:33 PM   #1
John Nixon

Post Keep These Tips in Mind

I enjoy browsing the posts about exercise and there's some common threads woven through many of them. One of the most predominant theme comes from overweight and underweight trainers alike. That is, frustration, disappointment and downright confusion when progress is not seen. May I offer the following advice and do understand that in 99 out of 100 cases, it's this simple for you to succeed:

1. If you are overweight, you must expend more calories than you consume
2. If you are thin, you must consume more calories than you expend

There, that's it (in a small nutshell). What else can I offer?

You must understand that if you wish to change your body, your motivation had better be more than a "wish;" it has to be an obsession (at least in the early stages). You know why? Because it's hard to change your physical appearance from what it's natural state is currently. But it can be done. You must ignore people who say you're wasting your time; you must train when you don't feel like it and you must experience physical and mental pain and be able to outlast both because your body will challenge you. Isn't it easy to quit? Isn't it amazing how easy to think of excuses and reasons why others look great and you possibly couldn't? Those are also times when you must be obsessed with changing your body because you can. Be patient; be obsessed, be determined and even become motivation for others. You can overcome thinness, obesity, whatever you face and you don't need to spend thousands of dollars on supplements, exotic equipment nor high priced trainers (although good ones can be very helpful). Give yourselves permission to succeed and the rest will gradually fall in place. Final words: I was sick and tired of being pushed around on the athletic field and at school so I was just made up my mind one day during my late teen years, that WHATEVER IT TOOK TO GET BIG AND STRONG, I WOULD DO (except drugs). I grew from 6'2" 160 lbs to 228 lbs. It was hard! I had to sweat, I had to hurt but damn it felt good to succeed! I ignored the peddlers of junk that said if I would just hand over my hard earned money for their exercise equipment, that equipment would make exercise more fun and less painful. If you are not sweating, and you are not pushing your body to near its limits, you will not progress. I got a bit longwinded...Good luck to all...

JOHN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2001, 06:41 AM   #2
goddess557

goddess557 HB User
Thumbs up

Hi,
Great speech! Very very motivating. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks!

Closed Thread