It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Summer Clothes Don't Fit

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
Angeline

Post Summer Clothes Don't Fit

I'm in a quandary. None of my summer clothes fit me and I need to drop about 5-10 lbs in order for them to look good. I usually do about 30 min of taebo 2 times a week, and maybe I'll run for a bit on a nice day. What can I do to speed up any weight loss? I don't have access to a gym right now, all I have are tae-bo live video tapes, a Denise austin cardio kickboxing workout with weight intervals and my block (to run around). What should I do to lose 5-10 lbs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
redwing
(male)

redwing HB User
Smile

You might try a low-carb diet, along with drinking lots of water and cutting out salt. For more info on the topic of low-carb eating see: [url="http://www.atkinsfriends.com"]www.atkinsfriends.com[/url]

Old 04-23-2001, 02:51 PM   #3
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Cool

Well if you want to lose weight you have you use more calories then you consume. Sounds easy? It is. You will have to start eating more often about every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism going. Your meals should be low calories and low carb. Also drink about 1 gallon of water a day and cut out all fats and sugars. Also add 2 more cardio days during the week. Just by doing this you will see a significant amount of progress. If you want an added edge. Go on a thermogenic such as an ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffine and Aspirin

[This message has been edited by Just 2 Built (edited 04-23-2001).]

Old 04-24-2001, 07:46 AM   #4
arkie6
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
I agree with the low carb suggestion. You need to decrease your intake of easily digested carbohydrates which turn to sugar and ultimately to fat and the resulting elevated insulin levels block the metabolism of the fat that you already have. Carbs are a double whammy - they make you fat and keep you from burning the fat you already have. And it probably wouldn't hurt to increase your protein intake also. Most people don't get enough of it. More protein and fat in your diet keeps you satisfied and keeps those hunger cravings at bay. Many people that adopt a lower carbohydrate / higher protein diet actually eat fewer calories because they are not as hungry, especially between meals.

I know I'm wasting my time typing this for you Angeline, but I wanted to say it anyway

Alan

Old 04-29-2001, 01:34 PM   #5
redwing
(male)

redwing HB User
Smile

Angeline,

Just wondered how the dieting was going? While I agree with the other posts in response to your question, I just wanted to emphasize that low-carb eating must go hand in hand with watching calories. I actually gained weight on Atkins when I originally thought that I could eat unlimted cheese, nuts, meats and low carb/high fat salad dressings, etc. (Can't stand those pork rinds anymore.) I think something like Alan has suggested elsewhere on this BB - like a steak (or fish), veggies, a salad with a reasonable amount of vinegar/oil, and maybe a lite beer once in awhile makes alot of sense. One other thing I am trying is to set aside a day once in awhile (maybe once a week or so) where I only drink coffee, tea or water - no solids. Once I get my weight back to where I want to be I'll skip this occasional "tea diet" appoach and maintain my weight by continuing to eat a low carb diet combined with watching the calories, especially the fats. Good Luck.

Alan - any other eating suggestions would be welcomed!

Old 05-24-2001, 02:13 PM   #6
redwing
(male)

redwing HB User
Wink

Angeline?

Just wondered how the diet was going?

Old 05-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #7
chick4u
(female)

chick4u HB User
Hey, I had to do that last year and I would not eat anything unless it had 0 fat and about 200 callories. But it was worth it because I lost alot and I could fit back into my clothes in less than a month. I ate a piece of toast for breakfast, yogurt for lunch (the dannons light and fit its yummy!) and for supper a baked potatoe with a little bit of everything on it. (thier yummy to!) Well if you want to try what I did go for it! But no Mcdonalds food or Burger King and all that yada-yado. Good Luck!
Chick4u

Old 05-28-2001, 07:21 PM   #8
good_girl_1969

good_girl_1969 HB User
Smile

Okay.....I have been working out long enough to provide some input here. Our ages are really important in here guys....the reason, if you are still growing into an adult or if your growing is complete. If still growing years then your body changes tons from teen to 30. Sometimes the change includes a new summer sizing. Sad but true.......I bet my new friend "2 Built" agrees with me.....(winks)

------------------
~Good Girl~

Old 05-28-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Exactly the older you get the slower the metabolism.....

Closed Thread