It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

So Confused: Ma Huang, Ephedra Ephedrine etc... HELP!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
glitterati

glitterati HB User
Question So Confused: Ma Huang, Ephedra Ephedrine etc... HELP!

Hi There!

I'm wondering if you more educated and informed people can help me out with a few questions...

I've been hearing wonders about Ma Huang and after doing some research I have found there are several types of this herb available in many pure and synthesized formats.

I am primarily interested in using this for weight loss (I have 30 pounds to loose), but I am also interested in it helping me with moderate allergies. I have heard it can help allergy sufferers as well as help with metabolizm and weight loss. I'd like to incorporate this supplement into my diet and excesize plan. Currently, I am interval training (running/speed walking) 30 mins 4-5 days a week and doing about 1/2 hour of alternating upper/lower body weight training (high reps/low weight) 3-4 times a week. I have a huge appetite and unfortunately, working out seems to double it and sometimes sabotages my efforts. I eat pretty good foods and have a balanced diet, tho I tend to be somewhat of a carb freak and that craving gets much worse when I work out.

I have used medically perscribed Phen-Fen in the past to help with curbing my appetite and then I just used the Phentermine to help curb the appetite, but now it is so expensive to buy and I am really wanting to look into herbal suppliments for appetite supression and get away from synthetic things to help with this.

Someone told me that the best form of this supplement to get is Ma Huang in it's purest form. I am really confused tho because I see that there are several kinds/derivataves. I don't want the synthetic kind like the sort you find in lots of products and I'd prefer to have something without caffene.

Can anyone reccomned some brands to me or give me more info on what the best kind of Ephedra/Ma Huang is to buy and who sells it in it's purest form?

I'd alo be intereted in dosage reccomendations and how I'd go about building it up in my system and any other suggestions you might have for stacked formuals or other supplements that will help with fat burnign and weight loss. I've heard good things about Garcinia- does anyone have info on this herb??

The other suppliments I am taking are:
Nature's Fingerprint Brand Cayenne 500mg Capsules
Vitamin Shoppe Brand Ester-C 1000mg (Contains calcium ascorbate, theronate 125mg)
Vitamin Shoppe Brand Ultra Chromium Picolinate 500mcg (it says Chromax as chromium picolinate) does anyone know if there is a place to get pure chromium??

Thanks so much for sharing any info you have.

Glitterati

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread