It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Best exercises to tone abs?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
chrisdeaner

chrisdeaner HB User
Exclamation Best exercises to tone abs?

I am wanting to focus my toning on my chest and abs, and I think the biggest step is losing the fat layer that is covering them. I can feel a nice set underneath it (I have been doing crunches and ab exercises for a long time), but I can't seem to shed that fat. What is the best thing I can be doing for that?
Thanks!
Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
Christine-MA
Inactive

Christine-MA HB User
A good diet and lots of cardio is what you need. And lots of water!

[This message has been edited by Christine-MA (edited 05-08-2002).]

Old 05-08-2002, 09:22 AM   #3
chrisdeaner

chrisdeaner HB User
Well, my current diet is something like this:

Breakfast - yougurt and a banana
Snack (Optional) - Bagel
Lunch - Varies, but always something light, balanced and healthy
Snack - Carrots or French Bread +olive oil and balsmic vinegar
Dinner - again, varies, but always something healthy

I always drink water whenever I can, more than 100oz. a day. I also take "Juice Plus" pills, and have noticed more weight loss when I work out and more energy. Any suggestions to improve my diet?
Thanks!
Chris

Old 05-08-2002, 09:54 AM   #4
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Drop some of the carbs and up your cardio. It's kind of hard to apply suggestions to "varies, but healthy" Just as a fine tuning suggestion, you might want to go for lower GI carbs. Replace the banana with an apple. Maybe a couple hard boiled eggs or a nutrigrain bar instead of a bagle. I would eliminate bread altogether while cutting, but if you must have it, try whole wheat bread instead of white/french bread. Keep meals down to protein (meat) and veggies (unless you're a vegetarian, then just make sure you get enough protein).

Old 05-08-2002, 02:02 PM   #5
Magpiezoe
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, I've found that Cindy Crawford's videos work well for me. Also dumbells/free weights are great. There's one killer crunch technique that I learned off the video that's great. You bend your knees over your chest, crunch up, turn to one side, crunch up again, and then go back down to the mat. 10 times on each side. Also I found out that I was doing the crunches wrong when I first did them. I was tucking my chin in instead of focusing it out and over the knees. (Only raise the upper portion of your back, you just have to keep the chin up. Hope this helps.

------------------
Magpie

Closed Thread