It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

i want a flat stomach

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
hwest8

hwest8 HB User
Post i want a flat stomach

I have a few questions. I am not overwieght, as far as pounds. I had my 2nd child almost 1 yr ago, and I weigh less than I did before, but I'm bigger (i can't wear my old pants), I want to flatten my stomach, it is flabby right now. I am clueless when it comes to exercising, I have been doing situps for about a week but have heard alot of bad things about them. I really want to tighten up from my belly button down to my knees, my butt is bigger and my thighs.
What exercises should I do? (please explain them in detail, I don't know how to do hardly any of them) How many or how long should I start off with? And I know It takes time, but how long does it usually take to notice results? Time isn't really a factor to me, I am just limited, to the house, I have to stay inside and I have no equipment. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Magpiezoe
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, Didn't your doctor or the hospital where you gave birth give you exercises to do? I got a nice little handout explaining what to do to tighten back up. Anyhow...Kegels and crunches. They had me doing 30 Kegels/day. (10 in the morning, 10 in the afternoon, and 10 at night.) You just tighten the lower part of your body as if you're trying to hold back urine and hold for 10 counts then release. You can do it standing. Crunches are kind of like sit-ups only you don't come all the way up. You just bring your shoulders off the floor and remember to keep your chin up. Some people put their hands behind their head and some put their hands across their chest. I think I did 20 crunches at that time. I really like Cindy Crawford's "New Dimensions" tape, because it's designed for women who just had a baby. I still use the tape, because it is so good. It has 3 segments and you really tone up fast. The first segment is for beginners, the second is for busy moms who only have 15 min. to spare, and the last is a tough 40 or 45 min. workout. It's a really cheap tape too. I got mine from Avon, but you might be able to find it elsewhere. I used to call the flabby belly after delivery the "cat belly," because it reminded me of a pregnant cat. It really does go away. It's just a little scarey.

------------------
Magpie

Old 05-10-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
niecsey
Inactive
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

hi i find them "rollers" to be most effective the one where you lie back and move urself in different movements also had look with the wheel good luck:wave;

Closed Thread