It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

reps??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2002, 12:40 PM   #1
spl_dodge

spl_dodge HB User
Post reps??

OK - I recently joined a gym and I am now working out about 3 times a week....I am using the "beginner workout" from [url="http://www.thepumpingtstation.com"]www.thepumpingtstation.com[/url] as my beginning workout.

My question is...do you do all the reps for one certain exercise and then move on or do you do the first rep of an exercise and then move on to the next one and do the first rep sequence?

Thanks for the info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
spl_dodge

spl_dodge HB User
Thank you for replying - so, you do complete one exercise sequence and then move on to the next sequence

Old 05-23-2002, 09:44 AM   #3
HTR2001SS

HTR2001SS HB User
I'd say that the most accepted way is to complet one full exercise, rest and then move to the next. However, if you want to get a more cardio intensive workout, then lighten up your weights and go thru each exercise once and then start again and very little rest between lifts and sets. You may have to work up to doing the 'circuit' a little at a time. meaning that for awhile you might only be able to get thru one full set of all exercises only once, but this will also layout some nice goals to work up to. Circuit training is the term usually associated with this type of workout I think.

You will still work the muscles this way, but its more cardio intensive. If you want to burn some fat and 'tone up' this is a good approach, if you goal is to add mass, then you should go thru the lift one at a time and up the weight.

Make sense? Either way is ok for a beginner, but just be sure that you are getting in enough recovery time, no more than 3 days per week with at least a rest day in between. Overtraining will stop you cold if you try to do too much and don't fully recover.

Closed Thread