It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Should i take GNC Creatine or Mega Protine??????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
bmxryan

bmxryan HB User
Question Should i take GNC Creatine or Mega Protine??????

I need help really bad. Im trying to gain like 10 lbs of muscle. I dont know which would be better. Right now im 140lbs 5'9 and pretty ripped but i think my arms need to be a tad bit bigger. I lift like 3 times a week. Plus i ride bmx a **** load, i think thats one reason why its hard for me to gain weight because im always buring calories.

I would take creatine but i heard cell-tec creatine causes pimples sense it has 70 something grams of sugar.

The GNC dude told me that GNC has some creatine taht has zero sugar so it doesn't cause pimples but one of my friends said creatine in general causes pimples. Im really confused.

What should i do?
Im going back to GNC Monday to talk to a dude.

I NEED HELP BAD, With summer coming up and me riding alot more i might loose 5 lbs and that would suck. later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
TheShiftyEyedOne

TheShiftyEyedOne HB User
I am not so sure that sugar is the cause of pimples, but I could be wrong. I have never had that problem, even when I was a teen. But we are each different. If you take creatine without any sugars the absorption rate is very, very, low.

I would get the cheapest creatine that you can find, then go buy a five pound sack of dextrose (corn sugar) from your local brew store, or health food store. Put in 1/3 of a cup, and 1/3 a pack of kool aid. All the sugar in there (if you are taking it after a hard workout as you should be) will be pumped into the muscle. I am not sure if that would have an effect on your skin as it will all be absorbed.

also, you may not need the full 75g of dextrose at your weight, I would drop it to 45-50 or so.

Old 05-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
Sebum
(male)

Sebum HB User
Why don't you check out the Acne forum and see if all that sugar will cause pimples...

Closed Thread