It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Question about cardio after weights

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2002, 10:19 AM   #1
Hoyd

Hoyd HB User
Post Question about cardio after weights

I have a question about doing cardio after weight training. Do you have to do it directly afterwards or can you do it say 30-45 after? Because it takes me about that long to stretch, and I wanted to know if it would affect me getting the full benefits of the cardio.
Thanks.

------------------
Be Formless, shapeless like water. Now if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash, be water my friend.
Be Formless, shapeless like water. Now if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash, be water my friend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2002, 12:39 AM   #2
ugotme

ugotme HB User
The whole idea of doing cardio after a strenuous workout is that your glycogen levels are most likely going to be depleted and your body will use your bodyfat as fuel.

Generally after a good workout your heartrate is going to be up and if you begin doing your cardio right away I would see more fat burning potential, but without being very anal I would say it makes no difference as long as you're not eating between that time. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2002, 10:09 AM   #3
susie999

susie999 HB User
I do my whole body stretches after my cardio or in the evening with Yoga.

Between sets I'll stretch out the muscle I'm working on for a good 15-20 seconds. (That's anywhere between 3-6 sets) So that muscle is has been stretched enough.

Sue

Old 05-28-2002, 09:17 AM   #4
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
I would say save the stretching until after the cardio, also. The muscles will still be nice and warm, blood pumping and when glycogen is totally depleted, the after-workout meal/shake will go right to the muscles.

Closed Thread