It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

another couple questions....

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2002, 04:24 PM   #1
H8CC
Veteran

H8CC HB User
Post another couple questions....

number one, could you use sweet n' low, or equal as a effective dilivery for creatine? i think both the main ingrediants are dextrose. im havin a hard time finding dextrose
secondly, how do you draw the line between 'straining' and going to failure? i mean, i hear of people hurting themselves because they refuse to be spotted, but how to you know when your are crossing the line between giving 100% and hurting yourself? is it just somthing you 'feel'? im having a hard time with the concept as you can tell.
thanks alot,
H8CC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
ugotme

ugotme HB User
People that refuse to be spotted hurt themselves because they are morons and think they can go to failure on bench press, squat, etc without someone being there just in case. It is certain exercises like that where going to failure without a spotter is just purely idiotic. Its not your muscles that these people are most likely being injured, its an injury from the bar w/good amount of weight falling on your chest, or you collapsing under a good deal of weight you're trying to squat. Now do you need a spotter doing preacher curls? Not likely, since when you reach failure you can drop the bar onto the safety catch. It all depends on what exercise you're doing and what makes sense...Good luck.

Old 05-28-2002, 09:20 AM   #3
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
I believe that you can get dextrose from most supplement sites or GNC. Dextrose is also the primary sugar in SweetTarts. I dont think Sweet n Low or Equal contain any sugars.

Old 05-28-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
TheShiftyEyedOne

TheShiftyEyedOne HB User
No, sweet and low, and the like are not effective creatine delivery methods. They don't cause a high insulin spike, which is why the dextrose is effective. Look in your local phone book for a store that sells beer making, or wine making, supplies. They will sell dextrose there, it is also just called corn sugar. If you don't have one of those stores locally, then ask at a health food store...it may be a bit more expensive there. If all else fails, you can pick up a product called carbohydrate fuel, I believe, by twinlabs. It costs more this way, but I think it comes with flavoring already added.

Closed Thread