It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Diet fine tuning

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2002, 08:51 AM   #1
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Thumbs up Diet fine tuning

There's a couple things I have been talking to various other gym-rats about lately and I figured this would be a great place to post the info for discussion:

I have a couple friends that compete in local bodybuilding competitions, so when they go into a cutting phase, they're serious about it. One thing that has come up several times is that they make a point to have protein and carbs OR protein and fat in each meal. It seems to be a cardinal sin to combine carbs and fat in one meal. Apparently that variety in calories increases the likelihood of storage as fat. In the early stages of cutting, this is probably not so important (although it couldn't hurt), but when trying to fine-tune, these guys swear by it. I'm not competing, but I have a Vegas trip in 8 weeks I'm treating like a competition, so I'm gonna see if it makes a difference. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

One other thing, that I also posted on the diet board, but I think is more appropriate here, is the supplement ALA. Anyone have any experience with it? Seems to be some pretty amazing stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread