It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

about training and diet...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2002, 08:39 AM   #1
glowstix

glowstix HB User
Post about training and diet...

what are the effects on your body if you train regularly but not intake as much protein as you should?? lets say you only take in about 1.2 grams per kg instead of 1-2grams per pound.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
That is still within the recommended daily intake (depending on who you talk to ). If you are trying to build mass, it may hinder your efforts some, but otherwise, it shouldn't cause any problems.

Old 05-30-2002, 07:20 PM   #3
glowstix

glowstix HB User
thanks. i think i've all but given up on gaining mass. i'm an extremely hard gainer. the only results i've had was when i was taking the weight gainer shakes. by the way, they really do work. at least for me. now that i don't take them anymore, i've slimmed down and i'm ripped. the thing is, i'm a naturally thin guy(really thin) and it was sooooo easy to lose the muscle after i put it on. i got really tired of taking shakes and cooking/eating all of the waking hours of the day so i stopped taking them. now i'm into sports and training for those sports so i was wondering if that protien requirement was enough(i was hoping to get by with only about 4 meals a day and NO additional shakes).

also, what do you guys recommend for building core strength??

Old 05-31-2002, 01:33 AM   #4
TheShiftyEyedOne

TheShiftyEyedOne HB User
If you are a hard gainer.........just make sure that you get in however many grams of protein you need in a day, and after that, take in a ton of carbs. Dense foods like pasta, rice, sweet potato, oatmeal. Keep upping your calories until you start to add muscle tissue. Also, make sure that you are getting enough fat in your diet. Take in a spoonfull of flax with each meal, or olive, if you are on a budget...

Closed Thread