It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

yoga

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
silently confident

silently confident HB User
Post yoga

i was interested in taking youga. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I did some reasearch and i am curious if the benefits that i found in my search are really true. Any info would be cool. thanx B

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
darkwolfofvoid
Inactive

darkwolfofvoid HB User
and what benifits did you find?! :-P

Yoga is good for relaxation and flexability which both can help one reach a nice state of meditation. Everything else beyond that is open to interpetation as i don't believe there's been a science to prove what yoga claims it can do. By that i mean certain positions curing ailments of this sort or helping in the process of this or that organ, ect.

I do yoga when i have the time but i find it hard to stay consistent to spend the time i'd like to on it. Because when i work on flexability, i really work on flexability like any other workout and that can be a good hour out of my day. Not that i don't have the time, but i don't have the motivation to begin. Same with my combat training. I suck at keeping a routine lol

Old 12-07-2002, 10:16 PM   #3
NancyH
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Oh please be sure to find the right teacher as well. I went to my first yoga class in June at my 24 fitness club. I injured my wrists and now will be having surgery on it because of ulnar entrapment. Even tho you work out at a exercise and do the gymn routine doesn't mean yoga will be right for ya. Even Kathleen Turner the actress injured herself doing a yoga class thinking since she works out all the time what could possibly go wrong. Alot, you need the right teacher and tho the claims say it's the all you need to keep in shape it's not, but good for relaxation. Trial and error for me and found out it is not for me.

Closed Thread