It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Realistic beginners workout for busy mom

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #1
rebecarooni
Veteran

rebecarooni HB User
Post Realistic beginners workout for busy mom

I am looking for a beginner's workout for a busy mom. A realistic one. I have a special needs child and a more than fulltime job and want to begin some sort of program to increase my energy level and hopefully lower my blood pressure. I can't get to the gym on a regular basis because of time and money constraints so am wondering what sort of stuff I can do at home. Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
cali99boy

cali99boy HB User
You can try getting a home gym, maybe free weights, or maybe the Boxflex.

Start off slow, whenever you have the time. There are 24-hour gyms available, maybe you can find one in your area. If it means going at 5:30 am, because thats the only time you have available, then thats the time for you to go.

If know it sucks to wake up that early, but if you're serious, you can do it.

Old 12-16-2002, 07:30 AM   #3
Chelle1977
Senior Veteran

Chelle1977 HB User
How about 3 10-minute walks a day? Just to start out? Can you fit in a 10 minute walk before work, at lunch and after work? Thats 30 minutes of cardio a day and you don't need any special equipment and won't need to change.

If you have more time in the morning/afternoon and want to do all your walking at one time, what about taking your child with you?

I know that walking sounds like a cop-out and not enough, but my grandmother has lost a great deal of weight (I'd say over 50lbs) and maintained that loss through walking alone.

Old 12-16-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
Absinthe
Veteran
(female)

Absinthe HB User
Excercise videos are cheap and offer a wide variety so you don't get bored. It's easy to pop one in when you have a little time, and you can stop and start as needed.

Leslie Sansone offers some great beginner walk-aerobic workouts if you aren't blessed with coordination.

Luck!

Closed Thread