It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Training programs!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2002, 04:57 PM   #1
muscle^madness

muscle^madness HB User
Question Training programs!!

Hi there
I was wondering if someone could help me with a training program iv got access to the gym 3 times a week for as long as i want.So could someone help me design a program My goal is to be a bodybuilder im 17 5 foot 6 male and about 10 stone. Also i have trained for 3 months. Which of the two types of training is best that you guys find for gains eg.full body workout or split eg.monday -shoulders,back biseps -tue.chest tris etc. chears all thanks for reading this post.hope to here from you soon.

Oh yeah almost forgot what is best length of time to spend in the gym to hit my goals. chears All

[This message has been edited by muscle^madness (edited 12-16-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2002, 08:11 AM   #2
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by muscle^madness:
My goal is to be a bodybuilder im 17 5 foot 6 male and about 10 stone. Also i have trained for 3 months. Which of the two types of training is best that you guys find for gains eg.full body workout or split eg.monday -shoulders,back biseps -tue.chest tris etc.

So... you have already been training for 3 months? Is your current routine not working for you? What sort of routine are you going currently? The two sorts of training you mentioned (full body vs. split sessions) are generally for different phases of training. Some people like to do full body workouts their whole life, but I don't think I get enough fatigue for muscle growth that way anymore. But it's a good start for beginners.

Oh yeah almost forgot what is best length of time to spend in the gym to hit my goals.
Amount of time in the gym is infinitely less important than the quality of the workout. So I guess the short answer is "however long it takes to get through your routine". Technically you can get a good workout in 30 minutes, if you lift very hard and smart. An hour is about average, 1.5 if you are doing more volume training. 2 hours starts getting into excess (unless you are doing cardio afterward. Then it varies.)

------------------
Keep your body lean, your blood clean and your mind sharp. -Rollins

Old 12-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
muscle^madness

muscle^madness HB User
The type of routine i am doing is full body workouts and is not working to well.think it might be the fact when doing fullbody workouts you can not stress the muscles as much than a split. Im going to change to a split soon. Have you got a good example of a routine that would be good for what i want to do "Bodybuilding" also Thanks for the Post.

Old 12-17-2002, 03:22 PM   #4
Naxis
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Check out discussions here:
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum49/HTML/002185.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum49/HTML/002185.html[/url]
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum49/HTML/002219.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum49/HTML/002219.html[/url]

------------------
Keep your body lean, your blood clean and your mind sharp. -Rollins

Closed Thread