It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Arm Twitching While Lifting?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
CAPiTUH

CAPiTUH HB User
Question Arm Twitching While Lifting?

sometimes when i am doing intense lifting [dips, shoulder press, bench press] i sometimes get this rapid twitching in my elbow. It usually happens during the bottom part of the motion and feels like a chord or something vibrating back and forth [like a guitar string]. after the set, my elbow will feel tingly for a few seconds, then it goes away. There is no pain, but it definitely seems unnatural. any ideas? could this be causing damage?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2002, 06:24 PM   #2
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Yep it could, but you probably won't be able to tell quite yet.

Rule of thumb: If it hurts (pain, not like burning muscle pain, that's "ok" but rather pain like anything that is sharp, stabbing, electrical, zinging, vibrating that is not muscle) -- don't do it. It could be a nerve that's getting pinched or connective tissue. It's hard to say, many things could cause "twitching," --

Listen to your body, and if you cannot be sure it feels like your muscles burning from exercise, or feeling tight or pumped from increased blood volume, -- if you doubt for a bit and it even remotely feels wrong, stop doing it.

When you're ready to return again in a week or two, just really lighten up the weight, and have a trainer at your gym check your form. It could just be as simple as poor form and you need to just change what you're doing.

Closed Thread