It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

PLEASE help me design some sort of workout program

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
AnGeLo1

AnGeLo1 HB User
Lightbulb PLEASE help me design some sort of workout program

hey guys,

about 2 years ago i weighed 230 lbs, i dieted and eventually got myself down to 175. i went to the gym five days a week and did cardio for an hour, and the days i couldnt go to the gym i walked about 3 miles.
recently however i really started going back to my old eating habits, and before I know it I'm 198 again.

I've made the decision that this year I am really going to get myself down to at least 175 if not less, and I'm willing to do almost anything to get there. I've decided that the constant eating and low activity are no longer the lifestyle I choose. Now the problem is I need some sort of a workout program that will dramatically reduce my body fat, tone up, and eventually build muscle. I really don't know where to begin, and I was hoping that someone here could help me because I dont really have the money for a personal trainer.

Here's some information that you might need to know about me to help me design a plan, or give me tips...
--I'm 15 years old, 5'9", 198 lbs
--I have a relatively large build (so bulking up is not a problem)
--My target areas (in order of personal importance): stomach (abs), arms (biceps, triceps, shoulders), chest, back, lower body
--I can only devote 3 (maybe 4) 60 minute sessions per week
--I am a beginner when it comes to weight training. I've used the machines at the gym infrequently, but I didnt have a program and therefore it wasn't effective
--I do have a gym membership, but have no friends to go with and therefore no one to spot me etc
--I have a book that illustrates a variety of excercises with weights and therefore I don't need a detailed explanation of everything but just your own personal advice

If you can help me, thank you so so so much, I'll take just about anything to get myself started and to look my best by this coming summer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2003, 07:12 AM   #2
Absinthe
Veteran
(female)

Absinthe HB User
Body for Life, Body RX, or The Edge are all good books to read. Each has a good eating program along with well rounded workouts.

As for your personal problem spots, you can't exercise away specific areas of fat, but you can build up muscle groups. Go for a balanced program of diet and exercise and everything will shape up accordingly.

Happy New Year!!

PS: If you don't want another book, do a web search for bodybuilding or weight training programs. There are lots of websites out there.

[This message has been edited by Absinthe (edited 01-01-2003).]

Closed Thread