It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

help!i need to flatten my tummy and shrink my thighs!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
iluvsteve

iluvsteve HB User
Question help!i need to flatten my tummy and shrink my thighs!

I really need to not only get muscle to my stomach and thighs,but make them smaller.However,I don't have money to buy equipment or time to go to a gym.Also it is hard for me to run b/c I have tendenitis in both ankles.Please help if you have any excersises to do.Thanx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2002, 08:11 AM   #2
KaNGaMaLoo
(female)

KaNGaMaLoo HB User
Try Callanetics (by Callan Pinckney).

These are said to re-shape the body fast - especially the tummy, hips, thighs, and butt.

I haven't personally tried it but am thinking about it.

Good Luck with whatever you do though!

Vicky xxx

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you...

Old 12-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #3
silently confident

silently confident HB User
maybe try walking or riding a bike. swimming is a great work out. after you loose a few # trying doing ab exercises.

Old 01-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
iluvsteve

iluvsteve HB User
Thanx.I'll try it. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

[This message has been edited by iluvsteve (edited 01-02-2003).]

Old 01-03-2003, 05:44 AM   #5
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
You cannot spot reduce.

You can exercise the dickens out of "just" those areas, and it will NOT make a difference.

There is no way to spot reduce only specific areas.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #6
rita
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User
To "shrink" your thighs and tummy (or any body part) you need to get rid of the fat. The muscles are not responsible for your size. Fat is the culprit. While you lose weight with diet and cardio you also need to make the muscles stronger by doing weight training. This combination is the ONLY way you will get a smaller, tighter body all over, not just in one desired area because it is impossible to spot reduce. When losing weight you will lose it from everwhere and the one area that you really want to target (usually the first one to show weight gain) will be the last one to show weight loss. It's just the way it works.

[This message has been edited by rita (edited 01-03-2003).]

Old 05-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #7
lainosuta
(female)

lainosuta HB User
Re: help!i need to flatten my tummy and shrink my thighs!

Great job guys. You just spouted off what everyone in the world tells some poor new person, that they cannot spot reduce. Yeesss.. there is no such thing as spot reducing. But building muscle overall will help you lose weight, sometimes just as fast as cardio, and works ever better when coupled with cardio. Someone mentioned Callanetics. I myself have used it and pilates, and experienced decent results. Not remarkable, because it does take a long time to build muscle. Even better, when you build muscle, its very useful to pick up a ambitious stretching routine. It helps keep your new muscle from getting bulky and cuts down on recovery time.

The key here is changing your lifestye. ^_~

As for how fast callanetics works, it works just as fast as any other new routine. I picked up again this week because I'm unable to get to the gym and I need to change up my routine, but I know even Callan Pickney(the author of Callanetics) doesn't expect people to start losing weight/inches until the 5 or 6th session.. thats 2 weeks of 3 week sessions or 3 weeks of 2x a week sessions.

I do love her moves for tightening the butt.. they work better than lunges, squats and everything else combined.

Closed Thread