It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Dehydrated???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
    innerstrength86
    (female)

innerstrength86 HB User
    Dehydrated???

I used to exercise regularly, until I hurt my knee, so I just started back at the gym over the weekend.

Before my knee injury, I would sweat like crazy - which was kind of embarrassing, but obviously it was refreshing too. Now I'm not sweating at all. I do the same exercise (not the same resistance though, because I'm a little out of shape...) but I'm definitely feeling the burn and working hard.

I get SO incredibly hot, but still not a drip of sweat. This morning while I was exercising I had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom - which is very strange for me - I literally had to stop the machine and run to the ladies room. (I'm thinking maybe instead of my body getting rid of the "bad stuff" through sweat, it's getting rid of it through my urine (?))

Does this sound like I'm dehydrated? I really don't think I can "force" myself to drink anymore water than I do...it starts to make me feel sick, plus I feel like it goes STRAIGHT through me. Maybe a kidney problem?

Thanks for any replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
    Naxis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Naxis HB User
    Re: Dehydrated???

Any change in diet lately? Coffee, tea, or sodas?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
    innerstrength86
    (female)

innerstrength86 HB User

Well, because I haven't been exercising much, I am trying to do a low-carb type of diet. (But I still have rice, oatmeal so I'm not totally strick about it)

I don't drink coffee or tea. I do drink diet soda, but only caffeine free because I get migraines really easily.

I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, so I think that I should be getting some water from those sources too.
    I guess it is dehydration...I've been feeling really nauseous lately too. I just feel like when I drink it my body doesn't want it (I feel sicker), and then shortly afterward I'll have to go to the bathroom. Bad absorption I guess.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
    Willapp
    Veteran
    (male)

Willapp HB User

If you're drinking water to the point where you're feeling sick, I doubt it's dehydration. It could be a dietary issue, or just a slight lack of fitness/health due to the break in exercise.

Sweating is a sign of good hydration and good fitness - the more fit you are, the "better" your body sweats.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
    innerstrength86
    (female)

innerstrength86 HB User

I'm not drinking as much as water as I used to, but I'm not alarmed by that because I haven't been exercising as much, as often, or as hard as I have been in the past.

I'm not drinking "too much" water, because I've noticed the amount of water I consume has decreased from at least two liter bottles of water a day (plus I'd have other liquids) to about one, or one and a half if I'm lucky...

I haven't been sweating (not one drop!), just getting extremely and unbearably hot.

Guess I should go see a doctor. Thanks for your replies.

Closed Thread