It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• micro bulking/cutting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
    poletrain

poletrain HB User
    Question micro bulking/cutting

My last bulking cycle added alot of muscle and some fat. However, when I started cutting I lost alot of strenght or atleast more than what I was prepared to loose. For my next bulking/cutting phase I am thinking about trying to micro bulk/cut. By this I mean a month of bulking and a month of cutting. I plan to do this around my creatine cycling. Does anyone know if this is an effective method and if I will be able to gain much mass this way. Also, can anyone tell me how to keep maximum strenght during a cutting phase. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks...John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
    Snaeke
    Inactive

Snaeke HB User
    I was going to try that myself, but after putting some thought into it, I think doing something like that would end up taking longer for you to get the results that you're looking for.

Do the strength/mass program until you get yourself to a size that you want. Then start cutting/toning. The only thing you'll end up doing by cycling back & forth is wasting a lot of time.

------------------
    -Snaeke
    "I may be fat, but I most certainly carry more weight around than your narrow butt everyday." -phat food for thought

Old 08-12-2003, 05:45 AM   #3
    Naxis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Naxis HB User
    My guess is that you just tried to cut too fast. The faster you lose weight, the more likely some of it will be muscle. I have had good results with a CKD for holding onto muscle. It might also be beneficial to allow a longer timeframe so you can do it a little more slowly.

------------------
    Keep your body lean, your blood clean and your mind sharp. -Rollins

Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #4
    krazyleggs2000

krazyleggs2000 HB User
    hmm poletrain.. jw, but do u do polevault by any chance?.. ur name just made me think of it

Old 08-12-2003, 08:19 AM   #5
    johnd

johnd HB User
    im not a fan of traditional bulking and cutting cycles. I do reconize that they are the quickest way to mass. However, i prefer to stay lean all year - being fat half the time isnt my idea of fun. I bump my calories up ~500 above maintanence. On a diet like this i steadily add LBM. Everyonce in a while ill start to get a bit soft, so ill drop the cals for a couple weeks. While this method is slower than big cutting and bulking cycles, its not THAT much slower, plus one is able to look great year round.

johnd

Old 08-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #6
    poletrain

poletrain HB User
    krazyleggs...no I dont polevault, lol, poletrain is a nickname I got along time ago and I guess it kinda stuck.

Closed Thread