It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Richard Sandrak (10 years old)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #1
Exile

Exile HB User
Post Richard Sandrak (10 years old)

Hey, this isnt a question, just thought i would open up a topic for discussion.

What does everyone think about Richard Sandrak? He is ten years old, and pretty ripped. Supposedly, he can bench 200 pounds. Do you think its right that he does weight training that young, and looks like that? do you think that his parents are ****ed up for pushing him?

Not trying to stir any controversy, but wanted to start a lively discussion, see what everyone thought.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 12-17-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2002, 04:36 PM   #2
Lector

Lector HB User
ok that kid scares me... i didnt know you could look like that at the age of 10...

i just dont know what to say.

Old 12-14-2002, 04:44 PM   #3
Ruh-Roh

Ruh-Roh HB User
heh now I could be wrong about this, but that picture looks extremely edited. That kids skin tone on his face isnt the same as his body, and his head is way to big for his body too, the 2 pictures were probably took at different distances and mixed together. I mean he may exist, but I doubt it.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:09 PM   #4
H8CC
Veteran

H8CC HB User
I have trouble believing that. Does anyone know for certain that this thing is real?

H8CC

Old 12-14-2002, 05:22 PM   #5
CAPiTUH

CAPiTUH HB User
that's amazing. check the video clips and the rest of the photos, it is definitely legit. as far as the parenting goes, who knows if it will screw the kid up in the future. it does seem like they are trying to exploit him a little bit though. i mean, come on, he's only 10 years old...

"Richard's mission in life is to help people understand that they can be fit and healthy regardless of their age, to be an example for others to eat right, exercise stay in school, and stay away from drugs. He understands that he is a role model for others to follow."

Also, notice the ad for supplements hidden in there.

[This message has been edited by CAPiTUH (edited 12-16-2002).]

Old 12-14-2002, 05:30 PM   #6
Exile

Exile HB User
yeah, its legit, he has been on a couple of news shows and on ripleys believe it or not. read some of the stuff on the site, like what is posted above me. how many 10 year olds speak like that, or have that good vocabulary? definatly seems like the parents are exploiting him more than a little. i saw this today on another message board, and i guess somewhere on the site or one of the news clips it says he can bench 200 pounds. he is less than 5 foot, and looking at his body, do you think he can even weigh more than 120?

Old 12-14-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
H8CC
Veteran

H8CC HB User
I would hate to be that kids ligaments/bones. What a potential for injury.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:30 PM   #8
SabresLover81
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User
Yes that is totally real and him, he was on howard stern on the E! channel and that kid is totally ripped he also demonstrated some martial arts and other things he could do and was pretty awesome.!

Old 12-14-2002, 09:25 PM   #9
Makinmschf
Inactive

Makinmschf HB User
Hmm ...just looks unnatural to me to see a CHILD look like this..it will be interesting to follow him thru the yrs and see what he looks like in 20 yrs and what his health is like too

Old 12-16-2002, 07:13 AM   #10
Chelle1977
Senior Veteran

Chelle1977 HB User
I think its sad that he's not been allowed to have a childhood. He's 10 years old and he's doing college level math? On top of all the very adult-like training that he does? I htink he's missing out on a lot of kid things that he'll regret later in life.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:14 AM   #11
Merrida
Inactive

Merrida HB User
What is so sad about it? It doesn't say he doesn't "also" do "kid stuff," it just happens to point out some of his more advanced abilities. That's the point to his web page anyway.

If you see the video clips the kid is seriously having fun doing this and you can tell he does not look forced into anything. It seems like maybe his parents just helped to nurture him physically and academically -- given a choice, I'd prefer this over parents who are too busy to spend time with their kids and prefer day care and TV and sending their kids out... it's nice to see parents this involved.

I also think it's his genetics, and it's just that he's bringing it out. Most people, kids and adults, never truly apply the effort to recruit their full potential, just a part of it.

Personally I think it will give him an edge...

Old 12-17-2002, 08:53 AM   #12
Chelle1977
Senior Veteran

Chelle1977 HB User
I think it would be lonely to never be able to really empathize with people your own age. The ablity to do college-level math and the fact that he's traveling around and putting on shows means that he's NOT doing typical 10 year old things. There is a fine line between not caring enough and pushing too hard.

Old 12-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #13
Magpiezoe
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Question

Hello, I thought that it isn't good for a young boy to lift weights (build muscle)too early, because it will stunt their growth and they will be short as adults. Is there any truth to this? I've never seen what the proper age is for boys to start lifting. Does anyone know? I'm going to look that kid up. I've never heard of him.

------------------
Magpie

Old 08-09-2003, 03:18 AM   #14
Alexandros

Alexandros HB User
This kid was recently on the New Tom Green show. Tom Green was towering over this 11 year old(he is 11 now) in height. It looks like this has effected his growth. I would say Tom Green was around two whole feet taller than the kid. Tom Green is 6'3. If that kid was 4'5, I would be very surprised; 11 is the age alot of kids start hitting puberty and a major growth spurt.

[This message has been edited by Alexandros (edited 08-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 08-09-2003).]

Old 08-12-2003, 11:54 PM   #15
jordey

jordey HB User
now, i mite sound dumb but who r u talking bout? everyone seems to have heard about this boy, iv never heard of him! where do i find out bout him!?!?? sounds freaky to tell you the truth....
please excuse my slowness.... Oh man that is wrong! that boys got a heart of an 11 year old and the body of bruce lee!!! wierd...... i thinking he's gonna be messed up sooner rather than later. FREAK!

[This message has been edited by jordey (edited 08-13-2003).]

Closed Thread