It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

SADDLEBAGS

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2001, 03:24 AM   #1
littlebit

littlebit HB User
Post SADDLEBAGS

I SUFFER FROM SADDLE BAGS AND WAS WONDERING WHAT EXERCISE WOULD BE GOOD FOR THEM. I HAVE A BAD LOWER BACK. I CURRENTLY BIKE AND WALK.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2001, 03:26 PM   #2
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Can you clarify your "saddlebags" because I can think of 10 different things

Old 04-15-2001, 05:04 PM   #3
littlebit

littlebit HB User
HELLO, MY SADDLEBAGS ARE WERE THE THIGH MEETS THE BUTT. IT COULD BE BUTT DROOP. IT MAKES THE OUTER THIGH BY THE BUTT STICK OUT.
I'M SURE YOU SEE IT ON A LOT OF WOMEN. I JUST HATE IT.

Old 04-16-2001, 05:44 AM   #4
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Well I assume you would want to lose weight overall so I will mention a few things. Join a local gym for maximum results. First you will need to workout your entire leg area in order for your butt to firm up. The exercises I recommened would be: Squats, Leg Press, Lunges, Deadlifts, Hip Aductor(sp). Keep it at around 2x10-15 reps. Also your diet is a key role. If interested write back and I will be more specific.

Old 04-16-2001, 06:14 PM   #5
littlebit

littlebit HB User
HELLO JUST 2 BUILT. I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME. I AM ABOUT 5 FT 7 INCHES TALK AND WEIGHT ABOUT 115 (WITH CLOTHES ON). I AM SMALL BONED AND SKINNY ON TOP AND MEDIUM BONED ON THE LOWER HALF AND HAVE MORE JIGGLE THAN JELLO. MY LEGS AND BUTT LOOK TOTALLY GROSS TO ME. I WOULD LOVE TO BE FIRM.

THANKs

Old 04-17-2001, 11:15 AM   #6
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
So your goal would have to be to lose weight. Here is my advice when you wake up or as early as you get up from your bed do 30 min of cardio on an empty stomach. Go to the point where you can still talk but make it intense. Eat every 2-3 hours small meals consisting of 300 calories 20 grams of protein. As far as working out goes if you don't go to a gym you can still squat, lunge and deadlift. These exercises will firm you up. First I need to know if you go to a gym then I can help better....

Old 04-17-2001, 05:40 PM   #7
littlebit

littlebit HB User
NO I DON'T BELONG TO A GYM NOT IN THE BUDGET RIGHT NOW. HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK SHOULD I DO THE SQUATS AND LUNGES? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Old 04-17-2001, 06:15 PM   #8
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Do it twice a week. Let's say monday and thursday. Do the leg workout right after your cardio.

Old 04-28-2001, 05:06 AM   #9
Kuzie

Kuzie HB User
Littlebit, if you're 5'7" and weigh only 115#, you do NOT need to lose weight!! It sounds like the leg exercises are a good idea.

Have you ever heard of "Callanetics - 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours"? It's an exercise video you can get at ******.com for under $15 that is absolutely awesome for the entire leg/butt (not to mention stomach). If you'd like to try before you buy, rent one from the video store. Beware: it's an 80's production, so you have to get past the lip gloss & leotards. Basically a cross between calisthenics, yoga & ballet. Excellent for those with lower back problems.

Old 04-28-2001, 01:40 PM   #10
Cutebeagle2
Inactive

Cutebeagle2 HB User
Talking

You don't have to go to extreme to loose weight,such as 30 minutes of exercise when you get up,try going for walks,walking up and down stairs.Look for a book on Pilates exercises as this is a book for stretching.
You can also get motivational tapes and even
the video for hard buns,there is lots of stuff around for exercises and slimming down.
Also eat better and read labels for fat content,1 chocolate chip cookie as about 2 grams of fat for 1 cookie,if you eat fruit,such as bananas,oranges,apples there is
no fat in them.Just like Gerrard from the Subway Commercial he eats low fat subs and walks daily and he lost a lot of weight.Try looking at the back boards for exercises and
read a post from Mary Anne there is some exercises that I placed for her.Also do a web
search for back exercises you'll come up with something,if I can do back exercises after
back surgery everyday I'm sure you can do some exercises very easily you just have to be motivated.

Old 04-28-2001, 01:59 PM   #11
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
Oh geez waking up and doing cardio is extreme? Don't make me laugh

Old 04-30-2001, 12:49 PM   #12
chunkeemunkee

chunkeemunkee HB User
This is for Just 2 Built... Waking up in the morning to do cardio may not seem like a lot to you, WonderWoman, but to other people, it might just be extreme. This is not the place to try to make people feel stupid or incapable. This is a place to offer your help and support, which you did an alright job of up until your last stupid comment. So that "Oh give me a break" comment was completely uncalled for.

You can call me any name in the book that you want to, but that's the way it is. It was rude.

Old 04-30-2001, 03:13 PM   #13
Just 2 Built

Just 2 Built HB User
First do you know what a quote is? By the looks of it you don't. Second the comment I made wasn't intended to be rude but the touchy people may have taken it as and I apologize for the tears that were shed. Lastly, my advice is as good as it gets so I'd be pretty grateful that I'm here. Hmmmmmm was that an ego boost? I THINK SO!

Old 05-01-2001, 03:32 AM   #14
littlebit

littlebit HB User
thanks everybody for all your help. i do walk (fast and miles) and bike a lot. i don't eat a lot of junk food and i drink lots of water. all my weight just seems to be in the legs and butt.

Old 10-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #15
Mercedes

Mercedes HB User
I HATE my saddlebags too! But my biggest problem is the upper butt...I swear, you could rest a glass on it and it would serve like a table... I'm only 5'4 and 154 right now (have lost 17 pounds...more to go) so I'm working on it. But I've seen results everywhere but the darn shelf butt!!! Ugh! IT WILL GO AWAY...

Closed Thread