It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• 08:minute ABS video - sore neck!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
    MrAlan

MrAlan HB User
    Post 08:minute ABS video - sore neck!

Just did the 8 minutes Abs video yesterday for the first time. Unfortunately, my neck is as sore as my abs.

Anyone else experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
    SparkleBuggy
    Inactive

SparkleBuggy HB User
    Thumbs up

If your neck and back hurts you after an 8 minute workout, then your formation isn't correct. When doing abs, formation is EVERYTHING. You have to always remember, it's quality, not quanity. When doing an ab workout, your arms should always be spread out wide, not being able to see them in corners of your eyes. Also, your chin should always be facing up, as if there was a grapefuit stuck underneath. When crunching up, you want to make sure your belly button is sucked all the way in and be sure to always exhale.

If you haven't done abs in a long time or this is your first time, your back and abs are going to hurt. The reason your back hurts is b/c your lower back is weak and the abs are using them to stablize them. So, just don't do as many and build yourself up to an 8 minute workout.

Finally, remember, only work our abs 3-4 times a week. They need time to repair, just like all other muscles. If you are trying to lose some excess fat around your core, doing abs isn't the only thing you need to be doing! DIET is the main key in losing that excess fat, along w/ cardio. I'm not saying abs won't help, it will along w/ cardio and proper diet.

Good luck and be sure your formation is correct!

Old 10-26-2003, 04:00 PM   #3
    MrAlan

MrAlan HB User
    Thanks for the reply.

Although I still have to work on my form, I highly recommend this tape.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #4
    MrAlan

MrAlan HB User
    Anyone else use 8 minute abs?

Old 10-31-2003, 05:18 AM   #5
    DAVID_1157
    (male)

DAVID_1157 HB User
    Yeah I've been using it for about a month now and have seen decent resutls (if this is the same 1994 one you can ******** off Kazaa). For the first week or so I had to take it VERY slowly and could barely make it to the second movement. From about a couple of days ago I can do the whole thing at the right pace.

Can't understand how you have a sore neck or back pain as the guy keeps repeating throughout to not use your back or tug on the neck and that you should be feeling it all in the abs.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 AM   #6
    Mercedes

Mercedes HB User
    I love :08 Minute Abs! I had the same problem with my neck so I always put my hands behind my head during the curls and when you're supposed to touch your feet... It's the only way I can make sure I have good form.

I recommend the tape although it's difficult to get that music out of your head sometimes... LOL!

Closed Thread