It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Time Frame Results on thigh & butt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
    happy18
    (female)

happy18 HB User
    Time Frame Results on thigh & butt

I heard that cardio exercises were the best for losing weight. I just started doing 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on some machine that is kinda like a stair master but your motion is gliding instead of stepping. I will be going 3 days a week.

Question 1. Is this enough for weight loss results?
    Question 2. How long until visual results?

I had 3 kids back to back and never lost all the weight in between each one. All the added weight moved straight to my thighs and butt! I look like a pear!

thanks, Happy18

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Time Frame Results on thigh & butt

If you are working up a sweat and getting tired several times a week, you are exercising enough to get results. You will need to increase your intensity or duration a little every week.

How long? Two weeks you might see a little change. Within two months, it should be obvious. Depending on how far from your goals you are, it might take several months, but within two months you should see significant progress.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
    danro
    (female)

danro HB User
    Re: Time Frame Results on thigh & butt

It is really a combination of cardio, weight training, and diet that truly helps to get body fat down. Cardio alone will not produce quick or lasting results. The best form of cardio for fat burning and toning, is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). If you want to see results faster, you need to ditch the recumbent bike. Thighs, legs and butts respond well to the stairmill. The stairmill is strenuous work but well worth it. You can actually burn more calories in a shorter period of time by doing HIIT. Here is an example of a beginning HIIT stairmill routine:

warm up for 5 minutes anywhere between levels 3-6
    jack the level up from anywhere between levels 9-13 for one minute
    recover at a moderate rate 6-7 for two minutes
    repeat these intervals two more times
    cool down for 5 minutes

You can also do this routine on the elliptical or treadmill. The idea is you need to be constantly shocking your body, gradually upping the level during your one minute, and adding an interval as your body adapts. Cardio is intended to be work. You should be covered in sweat at the end of each session.

Weight training will assist in toning your thighs and butt. You should work your butt and legs with weights 2 times a week (weighted squats, weighted lunges, leg presses, calf presses, calf raises, inner out thigh machines, regular/one-legged squats on the Smith Machine etc.) and the rest of the days doing elegant leg/butt moves (like walking lunges, plyo step ups, donkey kicks, etc.).

I think if you ate clean (meaning no processed man made foods), added weight training, and re-thought your cardio routine, you could see appreciable results faster. There is also a device you can strap to your arm which measures how many calories you are burning during your exercises sessions and it also has a food diary which tracks your calories in versus calories out. It is more than likely against board policy to list this device, so I'm not going to go there.

Another trap many people fall into, simply by doing just cardio and not monitoring diet is you end up increasing your calorie intake to replace all the calories you burned. Thereby not losing any body fat (3500 calories= 1 lb. of fat). Realistically, it is healthy and you are more apt to produce longer lasting results if you lose only 1-2 lbs. of fat per week.

I could go on endlessly as I'm very passionate about fitness. Good luck and keep active.

Closed Thread