It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Best Fat Burner?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
RTdouc
(male)

RTdouc HB User
Best Fat Burner?

I exercise regularly.. I work out almost every day whether it be lifting weights, running, or any cardio exercise.

I am very healthy but I'm looking to lose the little bit of fat I have in my handles, obliques and abs..

Anyone have any idea what fat burners would be ideal?

I'm new to the entire cutting aspect. I have heard that taking a mutlivitamin is ideal with any fat burner however I am unsure about what to use.

I've been told hydroxycut and animal cuts are good products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
tjlhb
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Best Fat Burner?

Instead of various gimmick products, why not just clean up your diet and reduce calorie intake in order to cut the body fat? There is a saying, "abs are made in the kitchen".

Old 02-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
littleshelly
(female)

littleshelly HB User

There is no magic fat burner. The key is cleaning up your diet and exercise. What kind of cardio and lifting are you doing?
Clean/balanced eating is key. What you eat is just as important as how much you eat. If you are not properly nourishing your body you will not see good results. What is your diet like?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
RTdouc
(male)

RTdouc HB User

My diet isn't very efficient.. I eat at the restaurants/cafes on my campus. They're expensive..

I've never had a very good diet but I'm willing to make adjustments.

The majority of my cardio is intensive running, I pack on a sweater and keep myself hydrated.

I'm doing a push/pull exercise which is showing good results.

Anyone have any dietary suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not picky with eating at all.

I've never really been able to build a good diet, but I want to cut the little bit of excess fat on my body for the summer.

You guys would be awesome if you could help me out in any way.

Thank you,

Rick

Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
tjlhb
Senior Veteran
(male)

Some people might be able to make better dietary suggestions if you described food types and amounts you typically eat. Otherwise, suggestions would be rather general, like eat vegetables, avoid fried carbohydrates and foods high in both fats and carbohydrates (e.g. poutine), avoid sweet drinks, etc..

Old 02-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Running is a great way to burn fat all over, so good for you! I switched from using the elliptical machine to running on a treadmill, then outdoor running... and ever since, I got in much better shape! I strength trained the whole time from then and made most of the changes in my cardio. I am now doing P90x and love it

Diet plays a big part in getting rid of fat in your middle. I had to change the way I ate several years back to finally get my stomach to shrink. First, cut out as much junk as you can. Try to get in more good, fresh foods. For me, this meant to cut back on frozen meals (even if they were low calorie and low fat) and get more fresh produce into my diet, as well as fresh lean meats. I eat a lot of grilled or baked chicken breast, dark salad greens, apples, berries, peaches, whey protein shakes, tomatoes, carrots, and healthy grains. For your grains, make sure to keep your portions in check (no huge bowls of cereal or pasta, unless that is your main source of carbs for the day), and stick with whole wheat and other low glycemic carbs (brown rice, whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, sweet potatoes, quinoa). I used to eat way too many carbs and not enough protein, so now I make sure to eat at a healthy balance for both of those and it really helps my stomach!

We would be glad to take a look at your foods you typically eat and make some suggestions if you like

Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
RTdouc
(male)

RTdouc HB User

I really appreciate that.

I am willing to make ANY alterations if need be.

I don't eat a consistent meal schedule. I eat a bowl of cereal every morning, and if I have time I'll get in 2 pieces of toast with butter.

After my 6:30, 45 min to 1.5 hr workout I don't eat right away, I drink half a litre of milk and don't take in very much until around 10:00-11:00. Lately I've been eating 2 peanut butter sandwiches and trying to factor in fresh fruits/vegetables in with it. Throughout the day I drink 2-3L of water. I do my best to keep carbonated/sweet drinks out of the way. I usually eat a full plate of pasta daily if I can. My problem is though that I feel INCREDIBLY hungry all day and I need to find the proper foods to eat that will either make me feel full, or that would be nutritious and able to be eaten throughout the day.

Would drinking something like Tang be good? I'm trying to mix my own drinks, I am drinking water but it gets a little dull throughout the day.

I am beginning to take Whey protein as a part of my day. I was using a creatine monohydrate but after extensive studying I've realized that it's terrible and not good for my body at all. I was also using a protein supplement that I realized wasn't good for me. Fortunately I met someone in my class that sells all natural protein and is willing to sell it to me for a discounted price.

I just want to make it a routine. I've come a long way.

I'm a 19 year old college student that is studying for policing. I used to be 250 pounds and incredibly inactive. I used to smoke cigarettes, and I quit after 4 years. I'm 6 months in and I feel amazing. I went from 250 down to 160 and was practically anorexic because of depression.

Now I am 5'11" standing around 190 pounds with a little bit of extra fat on the torso, but I'm pretty lean. Alot of my weight comes from my legs because I am a hockey player and I ride bikes regularly.

I've been trying to create a proper diet instead of paying $10 a day at school.

I WILL DO ANYTHING OR TAKE ANY ADVICE.

I really need to integrate fresh vegetables, and more dairy into my daily intake.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
littleshelly
(female)

littleshelly HB User

Look into clean/balanced eating.
Complex carbs, avoid simple carbs, lowfat protein and dairy, lean meats, fish and other seafood, whole grains-brown rice, whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats.
Avoid processed foods, boxed and canned foods, diet and sugar free foods, trans fats, fried foods, fast foods, avoid drinking your calories especially sugary and diet drinks. Artificial sweeteners are bad for you. There is nothing good about them. I gain weight when I use them. Not loose and what they do to your health is not worth it. Drink plenty of water. Tea is also a good choice. Drink a large glass of water when you wake up in the morning. One with each meal and some in between. Water and staying hydrated is very important.
Eat clean, whole foods when possible. What you eat is just as important as how many calories you are eating. If you fill your body with processed, unnatural foods you will not be healthy and see the results you want.
Cardio is important to burn calories, for weight loss and also for your health. Get your heart rate up. Mix up the cardio. Running, jogging, walking, race walking, HIIT, sprints, intervals, biking, swimming.
Weight training is key to fat loss. You want to lift hard and heavy 3 days a week. Not consecutive days. You need a rest day in between. Muscles grow during recovery. Not while you are lifting so if you don't allow for proper recovery you will not see the results you want. The more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is and the more calories you burn just living.
You want to lift weights heavy enough so that you can only lift 6-10 reps without resting. If you can lift 10-20 the weights are too light. You don't need a gym free weights are great. If you have access to a gym use both.
Other strengthening work also. Planks, squats, lunges, pushups, situps, pullups, crunches.
I don't recommend supplements but I do think taking fish oil, vitamin E and vitamin D is a good idea. If your diet is clean/balanced you can get most of the nutrients you need from your food which is the preferred way to do it.

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-11-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
tjlhb
Senior Veteran
(male)

Most dry cereal, even whole grain cereals, digest quickly and leave you hungry soon. The same goes with toast. So you may want to replace it with oatmeal (slow digesting carbohydrates) and eggs (some protein and fat).

Regarding the milk you are drinking, is it whole milk or skim milk? Whole milk has a much higher calorie content.

Pasta can be rather calorie dense -- can you put more vegetables in it to bulk it up while reducing the calories? Frozen vegetables can be useful -- just microwave some of the vegetables and add it to your pasta plate (with somewhat less pasta than before, and preferably whole wheat). Don't forget to have some protein foods (beans, lean meat, some nuts (be careful due to high calorie content), eggs) at each meal.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
RTdouc
(male)

RTdouc HB User

You guys are awesome!

I'm going to take this and try to develop a meal/workout plan.

I really appreciate it, if there's anything else that anyone can recommend by all means do so.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
StickyMedia
(female)

StickyMedia HB User

for me, the best fat burners are basically exercises. it could be a simple form of walk or biking on the street or on the parks. also, proper control of eating and most importantly self discipline.

Closed Thread