It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Protein Shake - fills me up.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
jayjey
(male)

jayjey HB User
Protein Shake - fills me up.

Hi,

I picked up the protein mix "Body Fortress" which has about 120 Calorie per scoop. I mix it with half cup of skim milk and drink this right after my workout (usually about 7 PM).

I feel, the shake itself fills up and I don't really feel hungry to start my dinner, I eat dinner (little bit of Carbs + egg / little fish / little chicken / beans) for the sake of eating dinner, not to skip one to wake up hungry. But I am unhappy because I eat before I feel hungry after drinking the protein shake but I need to eat so that I don't wait till 10 PM eat my dinner and sleep.

Does this happen to any one else.. I get hungry pretty regularly during the day time though. Any body go to bed just with a shake with some egg whites and vegetables. Does it make you feel weak next day morning until you eat a good breakfast..

Thanks,
Jay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Protein Shake - fills me up.

I also enjoy protein shakes and I have the Body Fortress brand, as well as Pure Protein brand. I usually don't have these after exercise, but as meal replacements. I mix the protein powder with skim milk, so this adds more calories than if you use water (and to me personally, it tastes better!). Then I add other things to make it a full meal. Sometimes I add mixed berries and some plain nonfat yogurt. Other times I'll add a banana and a spoonful of peanut butter. Adding some healthy extras can bring out my shake to around 300 calories, which works as a meal for me. If I need some extra calories, I'll eat some raw almonds along with my shake. If I only want the drink as a snack, I only use the skim milk and one scoop of powder. I typically work out AFTER I eat dinner, and I do use a recovery drink instead of protein powder. Perhaps I don't run into what you are dealing with since my order is different. I tend to be SOO hungry by the time I get home from work and would feel weak to work out first.

If I were you, I'd either just add some extras to your shakes to make them into a dinner, or try your best to wait a little bit and then eat a little more. I do sometimes have a protein shake as my dinner, and I DON'T feel weak the next day. It's actually a good "safe meal" for me to prevent overeating or having something unhealthy.

Closed Thread