It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

P90X fitness program

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
alakazou
(female)

alakazou HB User
P90X fitness program

I saw their advertisement on tv and have read good reviews about it on the internet as well. Is there anyone on this forum that have done the P90X program at all? I'm curious to get your comments/opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: P90X fitness program

I have P90X and think it's a good program! However, I am not currently doing the program. I need to train for some upcoming races, so am putting more of a focus on running for now and will do more P90X later.

I started off with the "Classic" program (you get different options with the set you buy... the book will explain what workouts to do for each program). I felt like I wasn't getting enough cardio since I was used to doing a lot of cardio. So, I switched to the "Lean" version and liked it much better. P90X is awesome for getting more upper body strength (lots of push ups/pull ups). It's definitely a good challenge. I like the cardio workouts too. I personally found it difficult to work out 6 days a week sometimes for an hour and a half (yoga days are longest) because sometimes I get home late or am not home, etc. They advertise the "recovery drink" quite a bit in the dvds. I bought a similar powder from GNC so I don't have to order it online. I personally found that the nutrition plan suggested too many calories for my smaller frame (I am a 5'4 small framed female) since I was already pretty used to vigorous workouts and didn't eat the 2,000+ calories P90X recommended for me (more like 1800 tops).

Another reason, other than training for races, that I stopped for now was because I was having some trouble with my abs. I had surgery back in November 2009 and since then, need to work on retraining my abs. I can't suck them in very well and tend to get a belly pooch from having my muscles cut through. I felt that doing lots of ab work was making it actually worse, so for now I'm doing Pilates moves for my abs instead. After I get them flatter, THEN I'll be okay with the more vigorous ab workouts!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd be glad to help out

Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
kayseleigh
(female)

kayseleigh HB User

I have p90x and i think its amazing. It really works if you stick with it along with a healthy diet, which natually people do when they workout. However, i did it for about 6 weeks, started with the classic. I just find that i dont have enough time to do it everyday. i work 2 jobs so i basically had 45 min to do a 55 min workout so i always had to cut it short and it started to frustrate me. and now that it is getting nicer out, i live in des moines iowa, i have been training for some races that are coming up. If you have the time to invest in p90x i absolutely recommend it. I seen more results in 2 weeks then i did in months of goin to the gym. but once again you have to make sure your eating healthy. i just bought jillian michaels dvd, 30 day shred and i am goin to try that out. it was 10 bucks at walmart and it has 3 differnt programs that are each 20 min long so i think i will be able to fit that in my schedule easier and i hear it is very very intense so depending on how much time you have and how much money you want to spend i think either of these will be great to start off. oh and if you are new to working out, p90x might be a lil tough at first so maybe start off with the 30 day shred. i hope this helps you a lil and good luck!!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
camidavis09
(female)

camidavis09 HB User

It's like any other program that's out there. If you don't dramatically change your diet, you will not see any physical results. Less so with a program like p90 because there are no weights. You body will not get leaner without the right food stategy. You should get it because the more you try, the better.

Closed Thread