It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Skinny but need to tone

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Babydoll1031
(female)

Babydoll1031 HB User
Unhappy Skinny but need to tone

I'm 111 ib and 5"2 but I need to tone. I've been doing some cardio and do some leg excercises one day and the next do upper body works outs but I just don't know if I'm doing enough or what? I'm eating healthier trying to stay around 1500 calories. Any suggestions to tone legs and butt quicker? Should I work out everyday and do weights too? I just need to tone. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
tjlhb
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Skinny but need to tone

To build muscle, do resistance exercises. Be sure to include the large muscles like legs (e.g. squats, deadlifts), back (pullups, rows), and chest (pushups, dips) as well as your core (various crunches). The usual recommendation is to have a rest day between workout days, though you can do exercises working different muscles the same or next day (e.g. one day do back, next day do chest, etc.).

Get instruction on proper technique, and start light (or with just your body weight for squats and such) at the beginning to practice technique, then increase weights as you get stronger. If you have difficulty with just your body weight for pullups and dips, there may be assisted pullup and dip machines in the gym.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Konitz
(male)

Konitz HB User

This is what I would recommend for you for a workout plan:

Mon. Chest/ Biceps
Tues. Legs
Wed. Off
Thurs. Back/ Tris
Fri. Shoulders
Weekend Off

I would do 4 exercises each day with 4 sets. Since you want to tone up I would recommend 15 repetitions for each set.

I would also try to get in cardio 3 times per week.

If you looking for a tone butt and thighs; when you do cardio, use the treadmill and put it on the steepest incline and slow the speed down enough that you can walk on the treadmill without holding onto the machine. For resistance exercises, I would recommend lunges and squats, as wells as leg curls to help with your goals.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Another good option is Pilates! I've been doing it lately as a little break from using weights machines at the gym. I've felt pretty stressed lately, so it's great for clearing your mind as well. Pilates really helps me build lean muscle and helps me flatten my abs. I like that you will build muscle and will be strong, but not bulky. When I lift weights at the gym, I generally either do full body strength training about every other day, or I alternate upper body one day, lower the next. I prefer to alternate so I can keep my workout about the same length of time each time I go to the gym. If you aren't looking to lose weight, you probably won't need to change your calories much, but just make sure you are eating nutritous foods (lean protein, healthy carbs, fruits, veggies, healthy fats). As for cardio, I love to run, but I do burn a ton of calories doing it, so I typically have to eat more if I don't want to lose weight. Running helps me really get my legs into great shape though and keeps me trim!!

Closed Thread