It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

fastest way to get abs chest leg and arm muscle with no weights?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
a rear
(male)

a rear HB User
fastest way to get abs chest leg and arm muscle with no weights?

i been working out lately im 5'7 and weigh 152lbs. i been walking/jogging/running roughly 3 miles every day and i do 2 sets of 10 pull ups. but heres the thing

i want to get my 6 pack abs back my arms to be muscular again not just toned and my calf muscles to be a lil bigger again

but i dont have weights and cant afford them nor can i afford the gym when i was in high school i was weighing 165 but i could bench 185 leg press i could do almost 390 and my abs i was doing 3 sets of 35 almost every morning but i was also using weights what is the best way to get back in shape like that with out using weights ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
stacytbb
(female)

stacytbb HB User
Re: fastest way to get abs chest leg and arm muscle with no weights?

Use your own body for weights such as push ups, squats, and chair lifts.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
a rear
(male)

a rear HB User

what is a chair lift ? ive never heard of that

Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
stacytbb
(female)

stacytbb HB User

You start by sitting on the edge of a chair with your hands by your sides, grasping the front edge of the chair and your legs straight out in front of you. Then you move your rear off of the chair, so that your back is close (but not rubbing against) the front of the chair. Then lift yourself up and down. So it's kind of like a reverse push up. I hope that makes sense...I'm not the best at explaining things.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
CPL
(male)

CPL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by a rear View Post
what is a chair lift ? ive never heard of that
AKA CHair dips.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
Vedren
(female)

Vedren HB User

My husband is real fit, but he uses weights. Sometimes you need the weights to bulk up nice and big. The small weights or even body weights will just define you, and even if you bulks you to an extent, you probably won't exceed that once you're bpdy is used to it.

You need to take a trip to the Salvation Army and see what you run across, maybe even the Volunteers of America. Who cares, it's weights for a more fit life.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
jaygrossFL
(male)

jaygrossFL HB User

I know yousaid you can't afford a gym, but listen to this..

I live in Florida, and there are a lot of gyms popping up lately that seem to have really good deals. This gym that I have a membership at is called GetFitness, and its only $13 a month. They have everything you need too.

Make sure you eat well and take supplements(I hope thats not taboo on this board!) to help your body develop right. If you are eating really well and working out with just your own body and running, you should get a nice 6-pack.

But actual weights are where its at.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
climbr
(female)

climbr HB User

Start doing yoga. Not the meditative, hippy dippy kind, the butt-kicking, core-crunching, heart pumping kind. Find a vinyasa flow class. If you've never done it before go for a beginner level class. Lots of studios and gyms offer classes, search around until you find one you like. You don't need any fancy weights or equipment to be fit. I've been doing yoga for about 8 years and the bulk of my fitness comes from that.

Round off your routine with some cardio 3-5 days per week: bike, run, swim, whatever. Put on a backpack and go for a hike. Personally I find working out boring so I do things like ride my bike to work, go on long hiking and climbing trips, etc. so I have fun first and happen to get a killer workout second.

As soon as this damn heel fracture is better I will be able to get back in to my routine! But I am still doing lots of pushups, different varieties of crunches, yoga, and other body weight exercises. Have fun!

Closed Thread