It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• Help Me get bigger BUTT & HIPS!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
    Vedren
    (female)

Vedren HB User
    Arrow Help Me get bigger BUTT & HIPS!!!

Hello. I have what you may call a lean body when I'm at my most fit body. My hips aren't too wide (if wide at all) and my waist isn't too thin. My hip to waste ratio is like 0.7. My breasts are average for my body build and size, maybe like a C cup.

I want to get wider hips and a bigger butt without injections. I am tired of not looking the way I want to in my own clothing. I’m in pretty good shape, despite the 20lbs I gained in the past year from a new sit-down job, but now back on my game and heading back into a toned shape, but still don’t like my body, even when it’s at its most toned. I'm ashamed by it as the toning takes away from the femininity of my body character, not having curves and all. I want to feel confident in my body. I work out; I should feel good, not afraid of the results as it diminishes my curvy body frame. Please help with any advice.

Ido not like my shape. I need more hips and buns- please help!!! [/I]

Last edited by Administrator; 06-17-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate picture

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
    diamond839
    (female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User
    Re: Help Me get bigger BUTT & HIPS!!!

The first thing is to stop being so disappointed with your body. You have to work with what you have and accept it. Believe me I spent most of my younger years being disappointed with my legs and butt, even when I was in my best shape. Now I realize that what I have is great and I am making the most of it by staying in shape.
    There are no exercises that will make you 'curvy', I am sorry to say. You can do a lot of butt exercises to tone it up and build a little muscle, but you wont be able to get a Beyonce or JLo rear. Its genetics.
    Be happy with what you have and make the most of it.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
    Vedren
    (female)

Vedren HB User

Thank you! I know that you can't reshape your body, but I do know that you can lift that butt to give the appearance of having a bigger butt. There are so many white girls walking around at the gym with butts, and we historically know that butts do not run dominantly in the white races.

I think Beyonce butt is not big, just firm, but J-lo, I know I can't ever get... that's a big butt. But thank you, I'll try learning to be happy in my own body.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-18-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I notice that doing donkey kick type exercises makes my butt stick out a little more! I prefer these to squats, although I do both, because they give me better results. I notice that it lifts the butt and firms, giving it a curvier appearance, yet keeping a fit appearance at the same time.

For hips, I notice that certain exercises were making my hips a little larger, so maybe it will work for you... They are similar to donkey kicks... you get on all fours and instead of kicking one fit straight up into the air, you do a round kick to the side. I typically do about 20-30 reps per side. When starting out, one set is enough, but usually now I do two sets.

I agree that there isn't anything that will give you drastic results, but these may give those areas a little "boost." I realize that my body isn't going to be exactly like many others... I don't have a lot of an hourglass shape and am a bit more straight through the hip area. I am petite, but I notice that even with a small size, dress pants are often a little baggy in the legs. I don't consider my legs thin and they are pretty muscular, but perhaps they're thinner than I think of them. I also don't have the tiniest waist... I have to work hard to keep my waist the size it is (my current problem right now is the lower stomach!). I typically gain most of my weight in my midsection and not really anywhere else! I always hope that I will at least gain a little in my chest area (I would love to be a D cup, but I'm a small C) but that seems to NEVER happen! If anything, I'll only go up in my band size and that's it!

We all are unique! I just focus on being the best I can for my shape and wear clothes that flatter me. I like to wear clothing that accentuates my curves, yet flatters trouble areas! For me, low rise pants with a boot cut leg, yet a slimmer cut throughout the leg, helps show off curves and flatter slim hips! I also love that I can wear both light and dark pants... many women I know complain that light pants do not flatter them! Think of all of the positives

Closed Thread

Tags
    butt, exercise, hips