It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

Im getting sick after running???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Realthought
(male)

Realthought HB User
Im getting sick after running???

I love to run. As soon as I finished reading “born to run,” have been running more than ever. About four weeks ago I started getting really sick at after my runs. Two weeks ago I even went to the hospital. The doctors here in Thailand are not the most sound on advice, especially when it comes to something as uncommon (in Thailand) as overexerting yourself. They kept me in the hospital and told me it was probably Dengue Fever. I was worried until the test came back negative. I did my own research online and realized I was probably over training which left my immune system weaker than normal, which unfortunately got me really sick.

I took a break from running and now I am back at it, but I am still having problems. After the runs I am feeling great. I push myself but I still have a lot more in the tank,. However in the middle of the night after a run my stomach becomes really messed up and I curl up in the bed and begin to feel an urge to throw up as if I had food poisoning. This has happened three or four times in the last week. I really don’t want to stop running, but I also don’t like getting sick.

Things that might be the cause.
1. I run at night and eat late, sometimes 8 -10 o’clock
2. I eat fruits before going to bed.
3. I am eating foods that are light, such as raw vegetables with rice noodles
4. The foods that I eat - Thai Food.

If anyway has any idea what is happening to me I would love some feedback. Thanks for reading my post.

Adam from Thailand

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Maneka5*
(female)

Maneka5* HB User
Re: Im getting sick after running???

Hi, I think maybe it's related to what you are eating and when. Try eating earlier in the evening so that your digestive system has time to calm down. Also eating fruit before bed is stimulating your digestive system at a time when it should be winding down. Maybe there is some hyper acidity in your stomach too if you are eating citrus fruits or any of the following food or drinks: alcohol, black pepper, chocolate, coffee, fatty food, fried food, ketchup, mustard, orange juice, peppermint, soft drinks, tomato based sauces and vinegar. All of these should be avoided if you have acid reflux/heartburn or general hyper acidity. And remember to always delay lying down after eating. I hope this helps....

Closed Thread