It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

50 lbs at gym??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
samteri
(female)

samteri HB User
Smile 50 lbs at gym??

Helllooo all.

So I am 20. Quit smoking 6 months ago & joined the gym about 4-5 months ago? I am 5'2, am now 135 lbs. I have the body of a stub haha. My dad blessed me with shortness all around with a big head! I must sound so pretty haha.

Anyways, I was always the lazy type. I went on my bike every so often. After I quit smoking I knew there was something to be done. My weight has fluctuated so much in highschool. I had an eating disorder in my pre teen years, so I think that's what did it. I got my weight to be 69 at one time when I was 14. So when I did get healthy & gain weight, I went from skinny to bigger, to smaller, to even bigger. AGH

So I started at the gym to finally take care of my body & the difference is amazing. My question is.. I can do all them arm machine excersices at 50 lbs. I do 2 slow reps of 12. Is that pretty good considering I could barely do the easiest level when I first started? I feel pretty good about that.
My legs I can push 90, inner thigh & outter thigh at 85.

Also, I just wanna say the scale is a funny thing. People say I lost weight & look healthy. While the scale tells me I gained 5 lbs? I know it's muscle & doesn't mean a thing. I don't even know why they make those things!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: 50 lbs at gym??

Congratulations on your progress! I don't know exactly what machines you are using, but in general moving 50 pounds is very good for a woman using an upper-body machine.

Yes, the scale isn't a good guide by itself, but combined with other info it can be quite useful. For example, the fact that you've lost inches and gained weight says for sure that you've gained some muscle!

Keep it up!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samteri View Post
My dad blessed me with shortness....
It could be that he blessed you with strength too.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
samteri
(female)

samteri HB User

Thanks guys!

Closed Thread