It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• my battle with with mgd/blepharitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
    shannonxx
    (female)

shannonxx HB User
    my battle with with mgd/blepharitis

Ok so I was first dignosed with mgd/blepharitis in november 2014. I was told to do hot compresses, lid message . Lid hygeine. Eye drops ect.. Which none of this treatment helped especially in the first few months (hard times) anyway Its been seven months now with a little improvement but still struggling with this. I'm also taking omega 3 fish oils and trying to eat healthly hoping it might help but here's what's really confusing and frustrating me is when I went back to see my ophamologist 2 months ago he said that my condition was under control but yet I'm still having symtoms eg. Grittiness/foreign body sensation,blurry vision, iching redness, burning. So if that's the case shouldn't my eyes feel somwhat normal? I really don't know wot to do or think anymore any suggestions and advise would be helpful thanks shan x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
    Bleue
    (female)

Bleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB User
    Re: my battle with with mgd/blepharitis

A couple thoughts - it's Spring allergy season; some symptoms you describe could be of an allergic nature. If antihistamines help (either oral or in eyedrops - might need a prescription for these) it's a good likelihood that's the cause.

The other thought is dry eye - common with this condition and can cause the symptoms you mention. Sometimes eyes are sensitive to preservatives in natural tears. If you don't use the preservative free kind, switch to those. And use often.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:45 AM   #3
    shannonxx
    (female)

shannonxx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bleue View Post
    A couple thoughts - it's Spring allergy season; some symptoms you describe could be of an allergic nature. If antihistamines help (either oral or in eyedrops - might need a prescription for these) it's a good likelihood that's the cause.

The other thought is dry eye - common with this condition and can cause the symptoms you mention. Sometimes eyes are sensitive to preservatives in natural tears. If you don't use the preservative free kind, switch to those. And use often.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #4
    shannonxx
    (female)

shannonxx HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bleue View Post
    A couple thoughts - it's Spring allergy season; some symptoms you describe could be of an allergic na help (either oral or in eyedrops - might need a prescription for these) it's a good likelihood that's the cause.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. And yeah I also have dry eye syndrome aswell its just a never ending nigtmare I'm going to have an allergey test done but I doubt my symptoms are allergie related but just to make sure I guess wots the harm.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
    sunbeltsue
    (female)

sunbeltsue HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shannonxx View Post
    Ok so I was first dignosed with mgd/blepharitis in november 2014. I was told to do hot compresses, lid message . Lid hygeine. Eye drops ect.. Which none of this treatment helped especially in the first few months (hard times) anyway Its been seven months now with a little improvement but still struggling with this. I'm also taking omega 3 fish oils and trying to eat healthly hoping it might help but here's what's really confusing and frustrating me is when I went back to see my ophamologist 2 months ago he said that my condition was under control but yet I'm still having symtoms eg. Grittiness/foreign body sensation,blurry vision, iching redness, burning. So if that's the case shouldn't my eyes feel somwhat normal? I really don't know wot to do or think anymore any suggestions and advise would be helpful thanks shan x
    Below is my July 5 post--maybe some of it can be useful to you. Google the words you do not understand:

Just had my first BlephEx treatment in for Blepharitis in a Phoenix suburb. Opthalmologist charged $100 to pluck out select eye lashes and examine under microscope to demo the creepy mites. He did not clean the tweezers before or after using them on me.

Next assistant did BlephEx procedure which was extremely uncomfortable and took about 15 minutes. $300 for this. I did not see doc or assistant wash or sanitize hands as they went back and forth among 5-6 patient treatment rooms.

Also charged $65 for Cliradex and $25 for Ocusoft, both of which are OTC products that cost less online or in stores. Above fees NOT covered by insurance.

Next doc likely will want to do LipiFlow heat treatment for my dry eyes. Will ask price before I make appointment.

How much do these services and products cost where you live??
    sunbeltsue

Closed Thread