It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• sudden vision problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
    MazyD
    (female)

MazyD HB User
    Thumbs down sudden vision problems

Hi there, I am hoping to get some advice and/or input on my vision issues.
    I suddenly felt a strange pressure in my head, became very light headed and had instant double vision. I had three episodes of this within a few minutes of each other but the third time stuck. I had double vision for 16 hours. 9 days later my double vision comes and goes but my vision is impaired 24/7. My vision seems to be okay if I look through one eye but it is off when looking through both eyes. All tests have come back normal so far but this is far from normal. All of my vital signs are normal. I have had an MRI (of head/neck), MRA (of eyes/optical nerves), blood work and a chest x-ray. I continue to feel this pressure in my head that seems to get stronger at times. I have eye discomfort when looking in directions. I feel fatigued as well but I am not sure if that is from straining my eyes and feeling off balanced or if I am truly fatigued. Has anyone experienced these types of symptoms?

Last edited by MazyD; 07-11-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #2
    ker92ri
    (female)

ker92ri HB User
    Re: sudden vision problems

Hello, have you been thoroughly checked by an opthamologist. Do you have any underlying eye problems? If MRI of brain was ok I wouldn't worry about it being neurological. Possible migraine? I'm not sure, I get double vision but I have strabismus and amblyopia.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
    enjoysalud
    (female)

enjoysalud HB User

Hi, my son was struck by double vision, then slurred speech, then anxiety. Many tests were taken, MRI, etc. About 6 months later stiffness in his neck set in. His double vision was treated with prism glasses, but even with the prism glasses he has good days and bad days. A full year later he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. An MRI does not indicate for Parkinson's or most neurological disorders. A Datscan would indicate Parkinson's. It could just be Diplopia (eye muscle problems), but if it is Parkinson's do not despair. There are medications, much research going on, support groups, and many people who continue to work full time. Good luck in getting a diagnosis, but be patient. In the meantime daily 40 minute walks can be helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to enjoysalud For This Useful Post:
    MazyD (07-18-2015)
    Old 07-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
    MazyD
    (female)

MazyD HB User

Hi there, my opthamologist is sending me to a neuro-opthamologist. My vision is starting to get better but still not normal. I have double vision every morning when I wake up but that goes away pretty quickly and at the end of the day it comes back and I feel like I have strained my eyes all day. No underlying eye problems. I still have constant pressure in my head that increases in intensity at times. My MRI and MRA came back normal. I am wondering if it could be migraine related too,crazy! How often do you get double vision and how do you cope?

Old 07-18-2015, 03:56 AM   #5
    ker92ri
    (female)

ker92ri HB User

That is strange, I get double vision all the time with anything up close, but I do have an underlying eye condition that causes it. I do know how frustrating it is though. There are a lot of causes but I'm assuming your opthamologists and neuro opthamologist will rule them out. In my case it's misalignment of the eyes, however I get double vision when my eyes are straight. It's worse in the morning and get terrible pressure headaches.

The Following User Says Thank You to ker92ri For This Useful Post:
    MazyD (07-18-2015)
    Old 07-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #6
    enjoysalud
    (female)

enjoysalud HB User

Hi, it's my son, not me. His is constant, but without any headaches. He wears glasses with prisms and it helps, sometimes eliminates, but sometimes doesn't. Some days are good. Some days are bad.

Double vision can be one of the symptoms of Parkinson's.

It sounds like your might just be diplopia, and not Parkinsons. It can be corrected with prisms. The headaches, I don't know what that would indicate. It sounds like you are getting good medical care. I'm happy for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
    double vision, vision problems