It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Words and Images repeated in vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
    dan365
    (male)

dan365 HB User
    Words and Images repeated in vision

Hi all. I've had big problems with my vision the last couple of years, I've been to see 4 eye doctors, 2 neurologists, took lots of tablets for migraines with aura - lamotrigine, amytril, propranolol, and others. Tried acupuncture, eye physio and more.

Recently I stopped taking Lamotrigine (2 x 50mg a day) and am currently not taking anything.

Lately my vision has somehow got even worse. I have light sensitivity but the biggest problem seems to be repeating of objects / words and flashing around everything. It used to be bad when I used computers but lately it's starting to happen with everything. For example, it's got so bad that today even when looking at a normal paper folder, when looking away I could still the the text heading from it. When I see a shirt or anything with a pattern on, I look away and can still see flashes of it ( like when you look into the sun and look away). I often get throbbing like a pulsating heartbeat by my temples accompanied with it. I get flashing around everything and it's making it so hard to concentrate or do anything! Every plain - especially white, and blue sky flashes severely. It's very hard to describe what I mean but I hope someone understands!

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this and i'm especially interested as to what the name of a condition is that makes u see text/patterns after looking away from it so often.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
    ISeeYou
    (female)

ISeeYou HB User
    Re: Words and Images repeated in vision

Thought I would reply since I have experience with this myself. It's called Palinopsia and can happen in migraines, head injury, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, etc. Etc. Mine started after stopping an antidepressant which upon restarting and then stopping again caused worsening of symptoms and the start of daily migraine.

I've been able to reduce some of my symptoms with a daily migraine preventative called Verapamil.

Good luck to you!

Closed Thread

Tags
    aura, migraine, vision