It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Eye twitch for 8 months! HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
    Pat4277
    (male)

Pat4277 HB User
    Eye twitch for 8 months! HELP!

30s white male in relatively good health. My lower left eyelid has been twitching for 8 months straight. I have addressed it twice with my eye doctor and with a neurologist, both of whom gave me a clean bill of health. Nothing seems to alleviate the twitch, which occurs literally hundreds of times per day everyday. I can think of no changes in my life. I wear contact lenses and have been since the 1990s. I've been using the same brand of contact solution forever. I do work on a computer screen, but have been for years, and I am able to take many breaks during the day. I was put on blood pressure medication last year (Metroprolol 50mg) but have addressed the eye twitching with my cardiologist and he cannot find a correlation. I have tried the tonic water (quinine) home remedy, to no avail. I do drink coffee but have cut back, and have tried to get as much sleep as is possible. I'm not sure what else to pursue, either by way of home remedy or diagnosis. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
    Bleue
    (female)

Bleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB User
    Re: Eye twitch for 8 months! HELP!

Eyelid twitches are annoying but harmless. I've been told that they're caused by stress/tension. If you're aware of the source and can reduce it it should help.

If you haven't tried a hot compress on the lids, try it; that may relax the muscle causing the twitch.

The other recommendation I can make (that has worked for me) is to just forget about it; don't focus on it; focus on other things day to day, don't try to do things to stop it. Once your mind has been off it for some time you'll one day realize that it's no longer there.

Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    eye, spasm, twitch