It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Vitrectomy Recovery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
    Beachmom50
    (female)

Beachmom50 HB User
    Vitrectomy Recovery

I am a 50 year old woman who is currently recovering from my second Vitrectomy surgery. This nightmare began when I had an ICL procedure done in both eyes to correct my severe nearsightedness. I had myopia and stigmatism in both eyes, and most likely was not a good candidate for this procedure, which my doctor failed to mention. A few months after this procedure, I developed cataracts in both eyes. This necessitated cataract surgery by the same doctor. Not long after, long story short, I developed a tear in my left retina and my right retina became detached. I was scheduled for Vitrectomy surgery 2 days later. The doctor used a gas bubble in the first surgery and I followed his aftercare instructions to the letter. My head stayed down for almost 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I developed scar tissue which pulled my retina away AGAIN about 6 weeks after the surgery. My SECOND surgery was performed 2 days later with an oil bubble and a drug was used to help deter the formation of more scar tissue. It is now 34 days later and the Doc says there is a very small amount of scar tissue and he HOPES that more does not develop. I have not missed any of the steroid drops and I am PRAYING this one sticks! My sight is still very hazy and distorted and I can not drive at night and only feel comfortable running to the local store during the day. I still have some pain in the eye and wondering when that will subside. I'm hoping to hear from any of you who have had this procedure and have regained their vision because all I have managed to find on the net is horror stories! Please share any GOOD new! Thank you in advance for any info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    cataract, eyes, recovery, vision, vitrectomy