It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Grainy vision

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
    seirfowt
    (male)

seirfowt HB User
    Grainy vision

I can't find a single thread on this site about grainy or snowy vision which is not closed, so let's see how long this one stays open.

There is new research into this condition being conducted both in Germany and in the US.
    So far they have narrowed it down to hypermetabolism in the lingual gyrus of the brain.
    This information can be tracked down on the external links of the **** page on the Visual Snow or by following the links on any of the forums on the subject.

I've seen static like vision my entire life, as well as palinopsia (after images), tracers, and floaters.
    I am 48 now and have been lucky enough to remain extremely healthy for all of those years.
    I am the admin for the original visual snow forum, and if you have suddenly begun to see this way 'don't panic' when you wade into the visual snow boards.

Your doctors will have very little information for you concerning this perception because it turns out that everyone sees this way, but the extraneous visual information is filtered from conscious awareness for most people.

You're not insane.
    You are not losing your sight.
    It's not a tumor.
    It isn't brain cancer.

You have simply become aware of the workings of your own visual perception.

That is not necessarily a bad thing, and for folks born this way their minds adapt quite naturally to the overload of stimuli so the visuals can be focussed on, or past at will.
    For people suddenly experiencing this awareness, the sheer volume of extra visual information can make it difficult to focus past, such as seeing the individual firing of the rods and cones in your eyes, the blobby patterns of your own heartbeat, and the retinal burn-out which causes negative/positive after-images, the movements of the white blood cells in the eyes, and vitreous floaters.
    Given time people who gain this perception in mid-life also learn to focus.

All of these things you are experiencing are additions to normal vision and nothing has been taken from you.
    This is the way the subconscious portion of your mind has always viewed reality through your eyes and your conscious mind is now becoming aware of it.

Unfortunately an awakening subconscious mind is also connected to all of the autonomous functions of your body, not just the perceptual aspects.
    This means that it can... and will, illicit any response in you while awake that it could illicit while dreaming.
    By having control of the body's endocrine system it is capable of releasing hormones and chemicals into the blood stream which induce emotional responses causing things like panic attacks, instant sadness, or euphoria without external stimuli.
    This can lead to anxiety and crippling depression when a person has no clue where these things are coming from or why it is happening to them.

You will be fine if you do not give in to your fear of it.
    Best of luck to you all.

The Following User Says Thank You to seirfowt For This Useful Post:
    snucky (01-03-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    grainy, palinopsia, perception, static, vision