It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• pulsating lines in peripheral vision

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
    eyeissue1221
    (male)

eyeissue1221 HB User
    pulsating lines in peripheral vision

Hello,
    sometimes I notice lines in my peripheral vision(colourless lines) that have synchronized rhythm with my heart beat. I also noticed to see these lines when my heart beats stronger (e.g when I sit or something) and also feel like my eyes are thicker. As far as floaters, when looking at sky I see quite a lot of them, but then again I didnt look at sky and counted them before to know if they have increased or not. I also have sudden fraction of a second blindness but I don't know if the electricity has went off and on instantly or its my eyes.
    about me: 24 yr M, smoker, normal BMI.
    other syx: I do go to toilet a lot and drink a lot but I still feel dehydrated most of the times. I was thinking I might have diabetes 2(father has it) or diabetes insipidus.
    thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User
    Re: pulsating lines in peripheral vision

anytime you see eye floaters (more then a random one) you should consult your eye dr. It is not normal but a cause can be easily identified and treated. Please do not ignore your eye isssues bc once vision is gone, it's gone. Managing diabetes, blood pressure etc is essential to eye health. Please, make an appointment with your eye dr ASAP

Old 01-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
    eyeissue1221
    (male)

eyeissue1221 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtgrl View Post
    anytime you see eye floaters (more then a random one) you should consult your eye dr. It is not normal but a cause can be easily identified and treated. Please do not ignore your eye isssues bc once vision is gone, it's gone. Managing diabetes, blood pressure etc is essential to eye health. Please, make an appointment with your eye dr ASAP
    Thanks a lot for your response, so its not normal to see bunch of floaters when u stare into the sky? by bunch it would be 7~ floaters. Also these lines are really strange for me as I cannot find an answer for it online, is it incresead pressure in the eye? hypertension related? silent migrane? or retinopathy? Would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Unfortunately, I'm not a doctor but no, it is not common to have eye floaters The reason for the lines could be anything from optic neuritis to astigmatism. I suggest you make an appointment with an optometrist and get a full eye exam and explain your issues to them. That is the only way you will know for sure what is going on. Like I said before, do not wait with eye issues because with eyes once the damage is done, it is done

Reply Reply

Tags
    eye & vision, eye abnormalities, lines